SITE PROJECT MANAGER - WORLD LEADING INDUSTRIAL REFRIGERATION MANUFACTURER
Location: North of England
One of the world’s largest industrial refrigeration manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 100 years. Providing bespoke refrigeration solutions into a wide range of applications including Pharmaceutical, Food Factories, Marine, Oil and Gas and Breweries. Now looking to appoint a Design and Proposals Engineer to enhance their tender and projects team.
- To safely manage the work of staff and sub-contractors to meet the main contractors/end users installation program
- To liaise with the main contractor/end user to program the site work in a safe manner in accordance with CDM Regulations and safe working practices.
- To manage the installation, commissioning and setting to work of refrigeration plant and to submit claims for work done in a timely manner.
- To monitor the financial performance of projects and to provide regular reports to the Main Contractor and Contracts Manager.
- To manage the installation of industrial refrigeration systems and cold stores in accordance with Health & Safety regulations.
- Produce reports on sub-contractors progress so that justified claims for delays and extra work to contract are submitted in a timely manner.
- To supervise the work of sub-contractors, service engineers, technicians and commissioning engineers
- To check project documentation to ascertain the scope of the works and to liaise with the Project Engineer and Engineering design departments to installation programs
- To attend site meetings with Main Contractor or End User to monitor progress against program.
- To report any safety issues, material deficiencies, defects and omissions to the Contracts Manager.
- To inspect and witness test refrigeration equipment during and after manufacture at the suppliers works.
- To collate all safety documentation in accordance with the CDM Regulations and Health & Safety at Work Act.
- Works on own initiative to ensure the safe installation, commissioning and testing of refrigeration systems for cold stores and process plants, complying with Environmental, Health and Safety legislation and ED directives. Oversees the work of sub-contractors, suppliers and staff as appropriate.
- Experience with the installation of Industrial refrigeration envelopes and systems.
- Good communication and management skills essential
- Must be able to work on own initiative to represent the company at meetings with contractors and end users.
- Knowledge of Environmental and Health & Safety regulations
- Financial understanding of large projects to ensure invoices or claims are submitted on time to enhance cash flow
- Large Projects
- Process Plants
- Project Management