Generous Salary plus car or car allowance if required
Ideally we are looking for someone not only confident and capable of taking on a Dual role but for someone who would see that as an opportunity to maximise their skills ..
Joining a thriving, family-run building contractor specialising in residential projects - new-builds, extensions, lofts, basements, refurbs- between £100k-£1m in value. We need to strengthen our cost/quoting capabilities and as a small business, are looking for a QS who wants to expand their role. This is a great opportunity for someone to broaden their knowledge and skill set, take on a senior role and become an integral part of a successful business.
Experience as a quantity surveyor - in-depth knowledge of construction costs, contractual issues, legal issues
A broad understanding of all facets of building work
Ideally, they would have some hands-on experience of building work, but not essential
Overview of role:
Produce detailed, accurate quotes for residential building projects ranging from £100k to £1m
Ensure the costs for all current projects are kept up-to-date
Provide input into contractual discussions involving costs, extensions of time, liquidated damages etc
Liaise with architects, clients, site teams and other professionals
Ideal additional aspects of role:
Project management support - produce and keep up-to-date project programmes using MS Project / Excel
We want someone who is willing and able to step outside the standard QS role and pitch in with other aspects of management in the company - project management, financial analyses, whatever needs doing.
Main Project Management Requirements of the Role..
• Leading on project managing 3-5 core projects and having the flexibility to dip into others as required
• Understanding drawings and having good knowledge of all aspects of building work
• Ensuring projects stay on track - both time-wise and adhering to specifications
• Liaising with site managers/teams, clients, architects, structural engineers, joiners and other specialist trades, building control etc
• Ensuring health and safety regulations were adhered to on site
• Keeping track of cost and spec variations throughout projects
• Having good computer skills - MS Office, MS Project
• Being organised, hard-working and having the adaptability to work in a small team
This is a great opportunity for someone to broaden their knowledge and skill set, take on a senior role and become an integral part of a successful business. In a nutshell the ideal candidate will be someone able to do detailed cost work - and ideally have the knowledge and skills to drop in and out of some project management too … if you think that could be for you please forward your CV ideally with a brief paragraph or two on why you feel this could be the ideal job for you and why you feel you are ideal for the role.
- Project Management
- Quantity Surveying
- Site Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job