BS5144: Site Project Engineer
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Permanent
Benefits: Car, Overtime, Allowances, Pension, Private healthcare
The world’s largest manufacturer of high-technology cables and systems for energy and telecommunications is now looking for a Site Project Engineer to be based in the Greater London area. Reporting to the Area Manager for the region the Site Project Engineer will be responsible for supervising a range of HV cable installation activities on installation projects and maintenance services throughout the UK.
This role would suit ex-military candidates and applications from ex-service personnel are strongly encouraged.
- Ensuring that all work is carried out safely, competently and effectively achieving scope, programme and budget.
- Identifying and promoting commercial opportunities.
- Actively monitoring civil engineering activities and Company installation staff allocated to the site in order to efficiently complete projects.
- Reviewing and monitoring projects using MS Project.
- Liaison between head office, customer, sub-contractors and site based employees.
- Ensuring compliance to safety, environmental, quality and security procedures. Promote a culture of safety, quality and environmental best practice at all times by means of effective communication and site audits.
- Requisition and control project materials.
- Liaise internally and externally to ensure all targets and key milestones are met and ensure all works are carried out to company procedure.
- Candidates must be happy to travel on a regular basis within their relevant areas for the purpose of their role. There may also be times when due to work demands you will be asked to travel further afield.
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Preferable, but not essential depending on experience, an HND or degree in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Previous experience within a construction and/or electricity industry type environment, with a good understanding of HV cable systems and construction/civil engineering matters.
- A knowledge of National grid processes would be extremely advantageous, but not essential.
- A high level of computer literacy.
- Proven people management skills and an ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
- A driving licence is essential
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted. Please state your salary expectations.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job