Are you an experienced Landfill, Warehouse or Site Operative looking to take on a new challenge? If so Viridor are recruiting and are looking for individuals just like you!
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit a Site Operative for our team in Shoreham, working 37.5 hours a week, between Monday and Sunday.
In return for your hard work as our Site Operative, we can offer a salary of £16,172 per annum plus excellent benefits, including:
- A free helpline for health, legal or personal issues available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Free eye tests and prescription and safety eyewear where required.
- A contributory pension scheme - helping you plan for later in life.
- Childcare vouchers, payroll giving (charity donations from salary deducted before tax) and cycle to work schemes are all available through Viridor Extras,
- Discounts on local gym membership and some of the biggest retail brands
The ideal Site Operative:
- Ideally, general knowledge of waste recycling.
- Basic knowledge of construction works and site maintenance e.g. minor repairs to sites.
- Understanding of the methods and reasons for segregating waste for recycling
Site Operative Responsibilities include:
- Assist in the day to day operations of the Shoreham site
- Segregation of waste to maximise the amounts that can be recycled
- Assist members of the public and other site users to deposit and segregate their waste
- Direct traffic to provide safe and efficient use of the centre
- Perform basic maintenance and housekeeping duties to site equipment and facilities
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, APPLY now for the role of Site Operative.
Closing Date: 12th March 2018
- Site Operative
- waste Management