As a Site Operative your activities will include:
• Actively participate in our strong safety culture.
• Support the loading, unloading and processing of a wide range of metals delivered to site.
• Safely operate and be willing to learn the operation of mobile plant such as loading shovels and 360 machinery.
• Monitor all visiting suppliers - including PPE compliance.
• Thoroughly grading and weighing incoming materials to ensure quality is maintained.
Our client looking for an individual with a strong customer focus who can professionally and confidently interact with visitors to site. It is essential that all staff are safety conscious and have a good appreciation/awareness of our unique working environment.
Applicants should be organised, physically fit and motivated individuals who can work to deadlines and be prepared to adapt according to business priorities. Previous experience in the Metals sector is not essential; applicants from a similar industry such as Waste, Aggregates, Recycling or Depot/Yard environments would be well suited.
As this role includes an early start, it’s beneficial to live within reasonable travelling distance of the depot. Experience of operating Mobile Plant would be preferred although not a necessity. Please note that candidates will be working outside and Saturday mornings will be required (O/T Paid).
Offers a thriving and stable working environment as well as opportunities to develop for the successful candidate.
Key Words: Operative, Operator, Plant, Machinery, Process, Logistics, Transport, Recycling, Waste, Technician, FLT, Telehandler, Depot, Yard, Site, Metal.
Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive per vacancy, we are unable to respond to every candidate personally, and so if you have not heard back from us within 14 days, please consider your application unsuccessful. Good luck.