Site Manager – Rail/Transport – Golborne
Murphy Group is looking for an established Site Manager to work on the CAM framework (Rail), you will be responsible for works across the framework in addition to smaller frameworks from Crewe up to the Scottish boarders. The contract is reactive by nature and will pose a challenging environment, we undertake emergency works for network rail and draw upon a wide range of knowledge within our supply chain to make quick decisions. The ideal candidate will come from a Rail environment and be able to make swift decisions in a confident manor.
Why Murphy Group?
With a proud history dating back to the 1960s, Murphy Transport is a multi-disciplinary specialist, working across rail, highways, aviation and ports to deliver sustainable solutions. From renewals to electrification, bridge building, highways and aviation, our award-winning team has extensive experience which offers our clients the best expertise in the industry.
- To plan and deliver all work on a small/medium sized site or a few smaller sites, ensuring work is completed on time and to the agreed standard.
- To ensure short and medium contract programmes are planned, reviewed and delivered.
- To monitor progress periodically against the project plan and monitor expenditure, resolving issues but may escalate critical operational issues to the Project Manager (if a larger site).
- Line management of Section Managers and other workflow supervisors.
- Provide periodic updates to clients on project/contract progress, typically operational in nature.
- Ensure risk assessments are created, in place and reviewed as and when required.
- Review plant, labour and materials to ensure resources are in place for the short to medium term (1-3 months).
- Liaise with the Project Manager to resolve any technical issues outside of the scope of works.
- Responsible To comply with company standards, policies and procedures.
- for a team of Section Managers/General Foreman and workflow supervisors.
- Responsible for a contract with a turnover of up to £1M-£15M per annum
- May contribute to procurement of resources but will not have direct financial responsibility.
- HNC Building Studies or a degree in Civil Engineering/Construction Management.
- Knowledge sufficient to attain Chartered level of ICE.
- Extensive background in site/contract management delivering contracts of similar value.
- Solid health and safety knowledge and will hold a health and safety related qualification.
- CSCS Card
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- First aid qualification is desirable.
- Good interpersonal skills with previous line management experience necessary.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'