At nmcn we’re always adapting, evolving and innovating. Our vision and values are extremely important to us, along with the continued growth and opportunity for our people. We place people at the heart of what we do, and work in partnership with our clients and customers to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK. Our specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill – from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants.
We provide a complete service offering to the sectors we work in from conception to optimisation, delivering best value and innovation. Our 12 regional offices and workshops enable us to provide a local service to our customers promoting sustainable working relationships.
Joining nmcn will open a door full of opportunities, where our people are nurtured for success and empowered to build their own adventure. We believe in your development, potentiality and growth. We aspire to be industry leading with renewed focus on having a positive impact on everything we touch.
An opportunity has arisen for a Site Manager for the Building division. Experienced in managing a wide number of projects with site management of construction schemes within the Midlands region. The candidate must be competent with current H&S Legislation able to demonstrate a full understanding of CDM regulations including demolition/dismantling, temporary works & Principle Contractor role including documentation.
What you'll be doing day to day
- Proactive management and control of all site activities, H&S compliance, Sub-contractors, Finance, Documentation, and Programs
- Ensuring site activities adhere & comply with current Health & Safety regulations, inclusive of CDM, & Environmental legislation
- Review/checking scheme Environmental Impact Plans & implementing compliance measures.
- Attend internal and external review and Progress Meetings
- Reviewing and checking construction documentation/information
- Review/checking of in-house/subcontractor RAMS, and where applicable, Process Risk Assessments
- Progressing site works in accordance with the construction programme. Proactive involvement in resolving problems that may arise during the construction process
- Maintain good and effective communication with the client and construction teams
- Co-ordinate & liaise with suppliers, specialist sub-contractors, in-house functions, site installations and construction teams
- Management of: Lifting activities including craneage, Confined Space Entries and Permit systems
- To undertake Site Inductions & regular Tool Box Talks for all resources working & visiting the site
- Ensure all Snagging and Pre-Use Safety Inspection actions are addressed by appropriate contractors
- Maintaining best practices and performance at all times
What we're looking for in a candidate
- An industry applicable ONC/HNC/B.Eng. or NVQ equivalent
- H&S qualifications: IOSH or CITB 5 Day Site Safety Management (SMSTS), CSCS card and 3 day First Aid
- Computer literate
- Familiarity with NEC forms of contracts is preferable
- Be able to organise yourself and others workload
- Be proactive in your approach
- An excellent communicator
- A high level of diplomacy and customer focused
What we can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- Company car / Car allowance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday trading scheme
- Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
- Free eye test vouchers
- Employee share scheme
- 3x life assurance
- 5% enhanced pension contribution
- 6 monthly salary reviews
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'