Site Manager - Would you like to join an award-winning company who have a purpose; to transform the speed, cost and environmental impact of new buildings? If the answer is yes, we have the role for you! Net Zero Buildings are looking to recruit a Site Managers to join our team. We are initially recruiting around the North London area but are looking for Site Managers nationwide across the UK.
In the role of Site Manager, you will be assertive and calm under pressure to meet numerous construction deadlines, whilst working to ensure smooth operation of a designated site. You will be instrumental in liaising with external suppliers, specialists and in-house teams to achieve critical objectives without compromising standards.
- Attend pre-start meetings
- Enforce high standards across the board to ensure safe, effective site delivery
- Add value to projects through new or improved ways of working, innovation and value management
- Co-ordinate the activities of everyone onsite, ensuring adequate supervision is in place
- Promote and ensure compliance to all safety procedures, quality and environmental policies, plant and equipment maintenance across the site
- Implement Risk Assessments and Method Statements for all activities undertaken, making sure they are approved and reviewed
- Conduct safety inspections of the site and team, and support the investigation of any onsite incidents
- Assist in the selection of subcontractors, onsite labour and procurement of equipment and materials
- Ensure all Construction Phase Plans, Method Statements and Task Briefings are in place and monitored
- Carry out snagging and remove project defects before handover
- Contribute to the control of individual contract budgets, minimising waste and maximising labour output
- Provide point of contact with customers, building effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Programme works carried out, regularly updating the business and managing client expectations
- Implement HSQE - onsite document displaying, CSCS and competence checks, site inductions, Toolbox Talks weekly, scaffold and ladder checks, fire risk assessments
- Update and chart progress against programme
Skills and attributes required:
- Must hold current SMSTS, CSCS and First Aid Certificates
- Enthusiastic self-starter with great communication skills
- Confident IT skills, with experience in Microsoft Office Packages and Project
- Able to plan a team’s workload and give clear instruction to meet target
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and react to changing priorities
- Proven experience of site managing projects ensuring a snag and defect free finish
Please Note: the nature of this role will require the ideal candidate to hold a Full UK Driving License, with the ability to be flexible to travel and varied working hours.
This is a full-time permanent position where in return we are offering a competitive salary which is based on candidate’s experience as well as the opportunity to grow with a company that has great ambitions.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to join this award-winning company, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider. The regions Fixed Fee Web Recruiter and Online Job Advertiser. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: site management, project management, health and safety, CSCS, HSQE, construction
By applying for this role, you give permission for Spider to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information provided in order for the prospective employer to review your application for the specific role applied for. Spider Web Recruitment will not submit or use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"