Based out of their Workington site the Site Manager will work between 0900 - 1700 5 days per week and 0900 - 1200 at weekends.
Our client is a double Queen's Award-winning commercial recycler with over forty years' experience in the recycling and waste management industry. Their commercial services support social welfare charities, which helps vulnerable people to work their way back to independent living.
The successful applicant will be responsible and accountable for the safe and efficient operation of all recycling processes at the Workington site, but will also need to support our Commercial teams building a successful business in West Cumbria. Applicants must have exceptional organisational skills with the ability to identify and investigate original and unique solutions to problems, new initiatives and true business development.
The candidate should have excellent interpersonal skills, supported by strong written and verbal communication skills and will demonstrate confidentiality and integrity. The role requires the ability to create a strong positive culture which is focussed on business needs, meeting targets and delivering results.
Site Manager Key Accountabilities
* Responsible for all aspects of day to day recycling processes
* Ability to support commercial growth in West Cumbria and help us to build a business with Social impact for the local community
* Commercial awareness to support budget control
* Take a leadership role in the areas of continuous development
* Responsible for arranging training and guidance to current workforce
* Responsible for ensuring that adequate quality levels are achieved and are in line with both client and resale requirements
* Ensure that documented procedures are maintained and followed
* Participate in ongoing managerial training
* Coordinate and attain productivity and targets in accordance with established policies and procedures
* Build strong relationships and communication channels with other key departments
* Be responsible for establishing and maintaining an effective operational plan that will incorporate the efficient use of all resources
* Conduct regular meetings locally, focusing on Efficiency, Service Compliance, Quality & Cost
* Maintain open communication with all other Recycling Lives sites
* Conducting and completing employee's annual reviews
* Perform such other duties as the Company may from time to time reasonably require
* Comply with all Company policies related to Code of Conduct, Environmental, Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities
Site Manager Person Specification
* Working knowledge of metal recycling
* Supervisory/ management experience
* Knowledge and delivery of relevant Environmental, Health & Safety to proactively deliver on Recycling Lives' objectives
* Experience of operating a 360 excavator with grab attachment preferred
* Exceptional organisational skills
* High level of attention to detail
* Can demonstrate integrity and confidentiality
* Ability to set high standards
* Proven record of meeting challenging targets
* Unique and original approach to problem solving
* Positive attitude and ideas that add value
* Determination and resilience
* High standards of delivery and customer service
* Team work and flexibility
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to create a positive culture in line with Recycling Lives Mission, Vision and Core Values
* Candidates will ideally have a recognised professional qualification related to the industry and management of people
For more information or to Apply for this role please contact Charlotte Stableford at Acorn Recruitment.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.