We are looking for an enthusiastic Site Manager to join a successful and widely known UK leading contractor. A contractor who understands and appreciates that their people are the very nucleus of what really makes their business move, a contractor constantly raising industry standards and a contractor therefore known as one of the most desirable industry employers.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the successful candidate will need to be able to lead and work within a team to enable the success of projects varying in value from £5m to in excess of £70m and are across a range of sectors including industrial, retail, student accommodation, private rental schemes, offices, and industrial fit out.
As a Site Manager you will provide essential support for new sites.
- To direct the necessary labour, plant, staff and equipment to achieve project completion on time, to specification and within budget.
- Monitor that the Engineering Team order the correct materials and sub-contract services in good time to meet contract objectives.
- Daily supervision and co-ordination of on-site staff, sub-contractors, plant and materials including information management and meticulous record keeping of all relevant paperwork.
- Manage site teams by monitoring performance against contract targets and instigating any necessary corrective actions.
- Ensure compliance with Group Safety Policy and Health and Safety Regulations.
- Maintain strict quality control procedures, conduct regular site safety checks, tool box talks and inductions
- Ensure that staff and operatives are managed and led effectively by developing the skills and attitudes leading to provision of a working environment that produces high morale.
Experience and Qualifications
- You will have experience working on projects of a minimum value of £5m in at least one of the following sectors - industrial, retail, leisure, commercial, industrial fit out, student accommodation.
- Applicants will ideally have experience of managing all aspects of the build process as well as up to date knowledge of health and safety obligations and building legislation.
- SMSTS and First Aid at Work.
- Good IT skills including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong team leadership skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to think ahead.
- Organisational Skills