Job Title - Site Manager
Location - Birmingham, Baskerville House (B1 2ND)
Rates - £307.56 LTD/Umbrella OR £272.30 PAYE
In Scope of IR35
About the role / project:
Working on the LNW route in the buildings work bank for the Greater Manchester area. Act as the day-to-day site representative to monitor the contractor's site activities and ensure they are conducted in a safe and efficient manner with minimum impact on the environment and operational railway, and the work is of a high standard and in accordance with the relevant specifications and latest practices.
- Monitor so that site activities comply with the Guide to Railway Investment Projects (GRIP), relevant rules, regulations, Railway Group and Network Rail's company standards and all applicable procedures and legislation.
- Review in conjunction with the Project Engineer, the contractor's method statements and site-specific risk assessments.
- Monitor by liaison with appropriate Network Rail personnel whether arrangements for access, possession, storage, worksites etc. have been made to facilitate the efficient completion of work.
- Monitor by a programme of regular pre-arranged inspections the quality of the contractor's work. Instruct contractors in accordance with powers delegated. Where remedial actions are required monitor so that non-conformance reports raised are closed out in an auditable manner. Direct changes as appropriate.
- Inspect completed works and survey for the readiness of portions of the work for inspection and for the recording of the outcome and the control of any remedial works required.
- Monitor, by close liaison with the contractor, whether "first off" examples of elements of the works are jointly inspected at an early opportunity. Agree the detailed workmanship standards for consistent application to the whole of the works.
- Monitor the contractor's management of site works by regular site meetings at which details of the locations of, nature of, and number of staff to be employed upon each element of the work shall be established for the period until the next meeting.
- Monitor progress of the works by regular site visits and inspections, comparing work in progress with contract documentation, and information given at site meetings and with the overall contract programme.
- Maintain a regular and frequent site presence at all worksites and to continually monitor, and correct where necessary, the standard and methods of work, being always vigilant for inadequacies. Maintain site diary as appropriate.
- Encourage an awareness of the importance of HSQE and good workmanship by regular communication with all contractors' site staff
- Monitor and assess the competence of contractor's staff prior to and during all phases of work.
- Check whether the contractor complies with Network Rail policy in accident/incident reporting and investigation, and assist with conducting investigations.
- Locally agree site records and freight haulage claims with the contractor for payment purposes.
- Provides functional support to Development Managers and Project Managers as directed.
Your experience will include:
- SMSTS (Site Management Safety Training Scheme) - CITB certification
- Construction experience
- Building and structural knowledge and experience
- Experience in working in a rail environment
What you'll get in return:
Our Client, the largest rail infrastructure business in the UK, are looking for an experienced WDC, with a construction background, with building experience and knowledge of contract/project management. You must be computer literate, numerate and competent using Microsoft Excel for daily tasks.
As such, your relevant experience, qualifications and skills will include:
Experienced in the management and coordination of projects, worksites and resources
- Understanding of Building Construction
- Knowledge of relevant standards and procedures
- Knowledge of other functional disciplines
- Knowledge of operational railway environment
- Good interpersonal, influencing, communication and organisation skills
- Understanding of Civils Engineering
- Educated to Level 3 NVQ or equivalent
- Project Management skills
- Knowledge of quality, environmental, commercial, and financial procedures
About our client
Our client is the largest rail infrastructure business in the country and is at the operational centre of the railway and playing a key role in a rapidly evolving industry. They are responsible for rebuilding Britain's railway infrastructure and are managing some of the biggest and most complex engineering programmes in Europe. Over the next five years they will be spending around £23 billion to maintain and upgrade every aspect of an infrastructure that comprises 21,000 miles of track, 2,500 stations, 9,000 level crossings, 40,000 bridges and tunnels, and signalling and power for the movement of 25,000 trains every day.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - Click apply now. You will then be directed to a Capita owned microsite that will assist you with your application. Once completed you will then be contacted by the relevant recruiter.
- <p><strong>Job Title – Site Manager </strong></p><p><strong