An experienced Building Manager is required by Willmott Dixon Construction to work on a c. £18mn project at Bournemouth University to build a new Creative Hub at the Talbot Campus. Reporting to the Construction Manager the successful candidate will manage the delivery of projects safely, on time, within budget and to the highest quality. This is an exciting time to join a Times Top 100 Company to work for (14th place) which is continuing to grow. If you are looking for a new opportunity with an organisation that encourages people with a growth mindset to challenge the status quo and effect change then this could be the right role for you.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintain the highest standards of health, safety and environmental management.
- Implement project strategies in order to achieve the company’s sustainability objectives.
- Establish standards of quality on site and ensure delivery of a quality build in accordance with the project specifications and project requirements.
- Understand the client priorities and adopt a professional and considerate approach to maintain good working relations.
- Implement the supply chain policy.
- Adopt the principles of the Considerate Constructor’s Scheme and manage community relations. Ensure appropriate site image is maintained to encourage repeat business.
- Produce and develop project programmes and control operations to achieve delivery of the project on time. Organise the works and supply chain to provide the right working environment to avoid disruption between trades.
- Undertake the works in the most economic manner to eliminate waste and avoid non recoverable costs and preliminaries losses. Monitor and work to agreed preliminaries budget.
- Maintain continuous professional development to ensure appropriate technical awareness.
- Comply with standard procedures
- Manage project handover and ensure defect / snag free completion.
- Support the strategy for the closure of defects during defects period and obtain certificate of Making Good Defects within targets set.
c. £18mn project at Bournemouth University to build a new Creative Hub at the Talbot Campus.Essential and desirable criteria
- Proven track record of successful delivery of projects.
- Use of Microsoft suite of Office programmes; inc. Excel, Word, Outlook and Project.
- The ability to read and accurately interpret programmes, drawings and technical specifications.
- Understanding and appropriately sharing build programmes.
- Managing the supply chain, direct employees and consultants.
- Proactively liaising with customers and the supply chain.
- Minimum relevant level 4 qualification (HNC/NVQ4 etc) or equivalent.
- Appropriate CSCS card.
- SMSTS certificate.
- First Aid at Work certificate.
- Valid driving licence.
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job