We are currently recruiting for a Site Manager to join a well established Construction company based in Central London. Our client carry out a range of refurb and new build works in a variety of sectors, including mixed use and residential, as well as interior fit out work. Project values vary from £50,000 to £7m. Due to continued success and growth, they now require another Site Manager who would initially be working on a project in Streatham.
The successful Site Manager will be responsible for the overall running of the project. Duties will include, but not be limited to, planning, organising & controlling all site activities & personnel, monitoring progress, quality & safety, reviewing project specifications & drawings, liaising with Architect/Engineers/Surveyors/Planners, and acting as the first point of contact on site for the public, contractors and visitors.
It is important that the Site Manager has previous experience in a similar role and possesses all the necessary qualifications/certifications to carry out the role, e.g. SMSTS/CSCS/First Aid. Due to the nature of the role, it is also important that the Site Manager has strong planning, organising, monitoring & reporting skills as well as excellent analytical skills. A logical forward thinker with a proactive attitude will be ideal for the role.
Site Manager (Streatham) Position Overview
- Day to day running of the project
- Plan, organise, control and keep good records of all site activities and site personnel.
- Monitor progress, quality and safety.
- Co-ordinate all aspects of the works in line with timeline, quality and budget.
- Order/call off materials and plant and oversee material/plant deliveries to site.
- Enforce safety on site, including inspections and paperwork to comply with current Health and Safety regs.
- Liaise with Architect/Engineers/Surveyors/Planners
- First Point of contact on site, public, contractors, visitors.
- Review project specification and drawings
Site Manager (Streatham) Position Requirements
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Systematic, logical decision making and professional judgements.
- Strong planning, organising, monitoring and reporting abilities.
- Proactive and forward thinking.
- Good record keeper.
- Analytical skills to understand and interpret technical specifications, drawings and measurements.
- All relevant site certifications - CSCS/SMSTS/First Aid etc.
Site Manager (Streatham) Position Remuneration
- Salary: up to £40K, DOE
- Car/ travel allowance to be discussed if required
- Other benefits to be discussed at interview
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy