Ranked as the 14th Best CompanyTo Work For by the Sunday Times in 2017, Willmott Dixon is a people focused business that is driven by quality and customer service. To this day we remain family owned and ensure our core values are embodied by each team member. We are now looking to significantly grow our Operations team in the Yorkshire region with experienced construction professionals, that will align themselves with our commitment to customer service, quality and our culture.
Reporting to the Construction Manager, the successful candidates will manage the delivery of projects safely, on time, within budget and to the highest quality.
Key responsibilities include:
- Establish standards of quality on site and ensure delivery of a quality build in accordance with the project specifications and project requirements.
- Adopt the principles of the Considerate Constructor's Scheme and manage community relations. Ensure appropriate site image is maintained to encourage repeat business.
- Undertake the works in the most economic manner to eliminate waste and avoid non recoverable costs and preliminaries losses. Monitor and work to agreed preliminaries budget.
- Produce and develop project programmes and control operations to achieve delivery of the project on time. Organise the works and supply chain to provide the right working environment to avoid disruption between trades.
- Understand the client priorities and adopt a professional and considerate approach to maintain good working relations.
- Maintain the highest standards of health, safety and environmental management.
- Manage project handover and ensure defect / snag free completion.
- Support the strategy for the closure of defects during defects period and obtain certificate of Making Good Defects within targets set.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- A proven track record of successful delivery of projects in a similar role.
- Minimum relevant level 4 qualification (HNC/NVQ4 etc) or equivalent
- A current CSCS card and SMSTS certificate.
- Valid Driving Licence
- Ability to accurately interpret programmes, drawings and technical specifications
- Management of the supply chain, direct employees and consultants
- Using Microsoft programmes; i.e Excel, Word, Outlook and Project.
- Striving to astonish our customers
- Always working as one team
- Working collaboratively to achieve the best results
- Always willing to listen, learn and share to drive improvement
- Having a can-do attitude, even when it's hard going
- Keep it real - be genuine and straightforward in your dealings with people
- Recognising and respecting others
- Leading by example and taking responsibility
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.
Willmott Dixon is one of the largest privately owned Construction businesses in the UK. Our unique selling point is our people. We are passionate about people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion has allowed us the success we have enjoyed in recent years. Above everything else you will be joining a values based business: our values are at the centre of every activity we undertake. Having the right talent, coupled with the right culture and values, ensures that we have a sustained future and a trusted brand in our respective markets.
Willmott Dixon has very recently been awarded 14th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 to work for and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development. We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from Business in the Community.
We offer a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package* including a company pension scheme, company car or car allowance, life assurance, discounted private medical cover, incentive/bonus schemes, employee trade discounts, and many more. We offer you a bright future, one where you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a fast moving, forward thinking company, who recognize and reward your achievements.
* Benefits may vary dependent upon the role and type of employment contract.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job