At Willmott Dixon Construction, we are enjoying on-going business growth and now plan to grow our operations team in Bristol to support this. If you are an experienced Site Manager, and would like to join a privately owned, successful and people orientated business, then apply now!
Reporting to the Construction Manager, the successful candidates will manage the delivery of projects safely, on time, within budget and to the highest quality.
Key responsibilities include:
- Establish standards of quality on site and ensure delivery of a quality build in accordance with the project specifications and project requirements.
- Adopt the principles of the Considerate Constructor's Scheme and manage community relations. Ensure appropriate site image is maintained to encourage repeat business.
- Undertake the works in the most economic manner to eliminate waste and avoid non recoverable costs and preliminaries losses. Monitor and work to agreed preliminaries budget.
- Produce and develop project programmes and control operations to achieve delivery of the project on time. Organise the works and supply chain to provide the right working environment to avoid disruption between trades.
- Understand the client priorities and adopt a professional and considerate approach to maintain good working relations.
- Maintain the highest standards of health, safety and environmental management.
- Manage project handover and ensure defect / snag free completion.
- Support the strategy for the closure of defects during defects period and obtain certificate of Making Good Defects within targets set.
Willmott Dixon is delivering Bristol's largest build-to-rent deal | Willmott Dixon. Bristol based Cubex Land will develop the residential scheme at Finzels Reach, close to where the Willmott Dixon is already building its BREEAM outstanding office called Aurora. The company will now expand its presence in this part of Bristol with the £46 million build-to-rent scheme that is expected to complete in 2019.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- A proven track record of successful delivery of projects in a similar role.
- Minimum relevant level 4 qualification (HNC/NVQ4 etc) or equivalent
- A current CSCS card and SMSTS certificate.
- Valid Driving Licence
- Ability to accurately interpret programmes, drawings and technical specifications
- Management of the supply chain, direct employees and consultants
- Using Microsoft programmes; i.e Excel, Word, Outlook and Project.
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.
Willmott Dixon is one of the largest privately owned Construction businesses in the UK. Our unique selling point is our people. We are passionate about people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion has allowed us the success we have enjoyed in recent years. Above everything else you will be joining a values based business: our values are at the centre of every activity we undertake. Having the right talent, coupled with the right culture and values, ensures that we have a sustained future and a trusted brand in our respective markets.
Willmott Dixon has very recently been awarded 14th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 to work for and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development. We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from Business in the Community.
We offer a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package* including a company pension scheme, company car or car allowance, life assurance, discounted private medical cover, incentive/bonus schemes, employee trade discounts, and many more. We offer you a bright future, one where you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a fast moving, forward thinking company, who recognize and reward your achievements.
* Benefits may vary dependent upon the role and type of employment contract.