Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Finishes Site Manager to join our Regional South team at the University of Bristol. You will be working on a £16milion refurbishment of a Grade 2 listed building. This is a design and build contract which is approximately half way through the programme of works.
The successful applicant will have previous refurbishment experience on a similar project with an excellent level of knowledge of internal finishes and a keen eye for detail.
As a Site Manager, you will:
- Have overall responsibility for the successful completion of the section or works/overall project and to lead by example, managing the day to day delivery.
- Ensure all team members are fully inducted and carry out role specific requirements, identifying opportunities for improvement
- Manage sub-contractors, including monitoring of contractor attendance and progress, providing direct instruction and support as necessary, such that contractual arrangements are achieved
- Lead and motivate the team and manage performance, undertaking training/ coaching as appropriate
- Maintain accurate progress records
- Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm
What we are looking for:
You will be able to provide the following:
- A successful track record in managing operational delivery within a construction environment
- CSCS Card, SMSTS & First Aid qualified
- Experience managing new build and refurbishment projects to the value of £50m
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines, and a flexible attitude towards work in order to deal with a variable and demanding workload
- Good working knowledge of current H & S legislation
- Be highly organised in your approach to record keeping
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (MS Word, Excel)
- Site Management
- New Builds
- fit out
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job