Job ID: KMH/NW1/096
Job Title: Site Manager
Hours: 39 Hours
Employer: Keepmoat Homes North West 1
Job Type: Permanent
Purpose of the Role:
- The main purpose of the role is too safely and profitably plan, manage, and control the day to day site activities on site to meet/exceed programme in accordance with company policies and procedures, within the budgeted cost plan.
- To understand, implement and adhere to SHEQ policy and strategy and ensure that all staff reporting to you do the same.
Health and Safety
- Pre-plan the build route and pedestrian segregatio
- Manage the site in accordance with company Health, Safety and Welfare Policy and Procedures and with current HSE legislation; ensuring compliance with CDM Regulations and the Health & Safety Plan
- File Method Statements in correct folders on site and ensure that all contractors adhere to their requirements
- Induct new starters on site
- Ensure the appropriate company-branded Personal Protective Equipment is issued and correctly used on site
- Ensure that the site is adequately secured at all times, that safe and acceptable working conditions are maintained on site and safety and welfare facilities are maintained to a good standard; signing the daily inspection sheet
- Carry out statutory workplace inspections
- Ensure all Plant Certification is valid and current
- Accompany the Safety Consultant during inspections
- Constantly reinforce the Health & Safety culture, striving for an accident free site.
- Contribute and present to the Pre-Site Start Presentation following detailed preparation; studying drawings and specification
- Establish the site office and compound in accordance with the company standard layout and maintain in good order
- Produce the annual Notional Unit Programme in conjunction with the Construction Manager, the 3 Monthly Programme and the Monthly Production Schedule (planning work to complete ahead of budgeted requirements in order to reduce Prelims costs)
- Control of Work In Progress - Schedule materials in line with the programme, whilst maintaining minimum stock levels, confirming requests by Fax
- Produce Weekly Planning Sheet to schedule trades and agree this with sub-contractors
- Liaise with multi-utility/statutory providers to ensure that mains and services are installed/diverted/re-located in line with programmed requirements
- Attend and contribute to the Bi-monthly Production Meetings
- Arrange the final NHBC Inspection
- Produce the Handover Information Pack for completed properties
- Strive to achieve construction excellence and recognition within internal awards and external awards.
- Carry out routine inspections
- Liaise with NHBC and Local Authority Inspectors for Key Stage Inspections
- Progressively and formally inspect all stages under construction
- Carry out 7 day visit to Customers and resolve any issues that may arise
- Complete any items raised on 21 day visits by Home Sales Executives
- Complete Monthly KPI’s for sub-contractors and suppliers
- Feedback design improvement and innovations through the Construction Manager
- Check and authorise the fortnightly/monthly sub-contractor requests for payment
- Ensure materials are stored securely and in accordance with manufacturers’ recommendations to minimise loss and wastage
- Advise the Construction Manager of material shortages and excesses in order to adjust schedules
- Ensure waste materials/packaging are recycled wherever possible and where not are disposed of in accordance with the waste management policy
- Minimise company liability for Day work payments; ensure all works are agreed, costed, order numbers issued and approved by Construction Manager prior to commencement
- Lead and motivate the site team (direct employees and sub-contractors) to achieve the required objectives
- Carry out 'toolbox talks’ and less formal one-to-one communication with site employees to ensure that they are kept abreast of changing requirements, developments etc
- Ensure that direct employees on site receive timely feedback on their performance and are trained and developed accordingly
- Oversee the training and development of trainees on site
What we are looking for:
- Team commitment
- Demonstrates eye for detail and commitment to delivery excellent standards
- Excellent organisational skills
- Effectively manage time in order to meet deadlines
- Professional attitude and approach to work
- Ability to competently operate MS office (Word & Excel)
- Current and Valid UK driving license
- Previous Site experience
- Up to date relevant knowledge of building legislation
Why work for us?
At Keepmoat Homes we pride ourselves on being a great place to work. As the market leader in our industry we want to ensure that we attract, motivate and retain the best people who can deliver the best service for our customers.
We offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay - We regularly check our pay against our competitors to make sure they reflect our position as market leader. We also review our pay every year.
- Bonus Scheme - Our annual bonus scheme is linked to team and company performance.
- Special offers for staff - We run a range of offers and discounts exclusively for our employees including holidays, health club memberships and days out.
- Trust - We encourage you to come up with ideas and get the most out of your job with us.
- Recognition - We have a scheme to reward people who go the extra mile for our company.
- Development - we offer genuine development opportunities to progress your career.
Please note that due to the high level of applications, if you have not been contacted within 5 days of the closing date please assume your application has not been successful.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job