Site Manager – Warehouse/Distribution
Salary Negotiable Dependent on Experience
Your skills, experiences and attributes will include...
- Experience working in warehousing, distribution, logistics etc is vital.
- Relevant qualification in supervisory, logistics and/or supply chain management would be beneficial.
- NEBOSH/IOSH desirable.
- Capable of understanding budgetary requirements and developing and maintaining applicable site budgets and forecasts to derive the best business advantage from the site.
- Strong IT skills, including Word, Excel and WMS.
- Able to build teams and motivate effectively.
- Confident and enthusiastic with the stamina and drive to create change and cope with sustained and evolving job demands, handling multiple issues whilst maintaining the ability to deliver.
- Demonstrates the skills of a profit-centred business leader.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
You will be responsible for directing and managing the site in a manner that ensures satisfaction of its commercial, profitability and contractual objectives, together with meeting all statutory and legislative obligations. You will also work with the commercial team to identify and develop new business opportunities from existing and new clients for the continual benefit of the site and group of companies. Duties will include...
- To manage the function of the site as operations and customer requirements demand.
- To motivate and lead all staff at all levels, to ensure cost-effectiveness for the business.
- To implement and maintain policies, procedures and organisational structure for all operations at site level.
- To take overall responsibility for the day-to-day running of the site to ensure the highest levels of safety, at all times ensuring continuity of staff and customer operations to ensure profitability and a long-term future growth for the business.
- Developing/employing a site-level management team responsible for maintaining good working relationships within the company and with its customers.
- Developing, proposing and managing to completion suitable projects to ensure the sustainability and growth of the business at the site.
- Complying with and ensuring the implementation of all health & safety, quality & technical, hygiene, waste management and environmental, data protection and company policies and procedures, within the UK legal framework and the requirements of industry and company regulators, ensuring the safety of the workforce and others on the site.
- Driving the continued improvement of processes and methods of operational practices within the site by a structured process of accountability and training;
- taking responsibility for health and safety within the site in accordance with the company’s health & safety policy;
- taking responsibility for the compilation of the departmental budgets and reporting on activity and costs against the P&L each period;
- ensuring MHE servicing and maintenance is up-to-date and that MHE is only used by appropriately trained and licensed personnel (with usage records being maintained);
- maintaining a level of disciplinary action that is fair, consistent and complies with the company’s disciplinary procedure, resolving queries quickly and efficiently within the prescribed timescale;
- taking the lead in customer relationships and meetings, ensuring partnerships are continually developing;
- investigation into the circumstances of any accident or incident, along with the completion of the full reporting pack as appropriate.
- Attending monthly board meetings and advising the CEO of all relevant matters pertaining to the management and operation of the site.
- To attend any relevant and necessary training to ensure effective performance of duties.
HEADS Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on LinkedIn.