Residential Site Manager
Location: Haywards Heath
Salary: £21.00 - £22.00 per hour
Our client, operating from their Southern office in Sussex are looking to arrange a short term freelance site manager.
They are currently seeking an established and experienced manager that can lead from the front.
The post holder will effectively motivate, support and manage the site based team to ensure that the required health, safety and environmental performance standards are achieved.
Your aim will be to achieve the programme and quality requirements and to promote the importance of customer relationships to the site based team to include directly employed and sub-contracted staff.
- Ensure compliance with the Company's health and safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Prepare and maintain traffic management and site strategy and review as required.
- Follow Company guidelines in relation to accident and incident reporting procedures.
- Keep the health and safety compendium up to date at all times.
- Accompany health and safety advisors during site visits and undertake remedial action as appropriate.
- Review and approve risk assessments and method statements for all operations and ensure that all work is in accordance with How To Build Safely and method statements.
- Ensure all plots have a customer care pass before obtaining CML prior to legal completion.
- Carry out service visits in accordance with the Customer Journey.
- Carry out pre-occupation checks on all properties prior to handover.
- Arrange and attend effective site based meetings with the Sales Team Leader and that the required information is available to enable the Sales Team Leader to update the customers.
- Action remedial items raised at home demonstrations.
- Ensure that all plots to be handed over have adequate and appropriate access, parking, street lighting and signage.
- Action items raised by the Area Build Director, Sales or Customer Care.
- Ensure that all materials are checked for damage and that they meet the required quality standards.
- Ensure sub-contractors adhere to the protection guidelines as stated in the site protection manual and trade specification.
- Complete PPQA checklists accurately and return to the regional office on a weekly basis.
- Thoroughly inspect and snag each plot prior to each key stage inspection carried out by the NHBC.
- Ensure that all sub-contractor quality stage checklists are complete prior to payment being authorised.
- In conjunction with the Area Build Director, prepare the master build programme and review and revise in line with budget requirements.
- Monitor progress of the build programme to ensure construction methods and timescales are met and take corrective action to bring progress back in line with programme.
- Liaise with the utility companies to ensure the build programme requirements are met.
- Hold weekly sub-contract meetings using the standard sub-contract meeting agenda. Discuss and resolve all actions and circulate minutes.
- Use the sub-contract manual and trade specifications as a basis for managing the sub-contractor's obligations.
- Check sub-contract orders prior to issuing any variations or instructions.
- Assess storage arrangements and incoming deliveries to reduce waste.
- Plan flow of materials to ensure all requirements are met.
- Agree and manage the equipment, plant, staffing and sub-contract requirements for the site.
- Respond to all queries from trades and action accordingly.
- Maintain the highest standard of site presentation at all times.
- Manage the recruitment and induction of new employees in line with Company best practice guide.
- Relevant experience at a similar level.
- Up to date knowledge of health and safety obligations and building legislation.
- Proven track record of motivating staff and managing a site effectively.
- Capable of implementing change and of using initiative.
- Confident outlook combined with resilience and diplomacy.
- Decision maker with pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Ability to balance excellent customer service with the requirements of achieving Company targets.
- Experience of managing multi-disciplined team of Consultants.
- CSCS card at Site Manager level.
- Valid SMSTS certificate .
- Valid First Aid at Work certificate .
- Full UK driving license.
- BTEC diploma in Building Construction or NVQ level 3/4, or equivalent.
- Valid Scaffold Appreciation certificate.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.