We are currently recruiting for a Site Manager. Are you looking for a new contract in Sussex?
- Sector: Residential Pulborough, West Sussex
- Contract type: Freelance
- Start date: 19th March 2018
- Duration: 9 months
- Salary/Rate: £21 - £23 per hour (dependant upon experience)
- Randstad CPE contact: Nikki Page
A tier 1 developer with multiple developments in the county specialising traditional build multi-phase development and high-rise RC frame schemes.
A development of circa 40 traditional build 4-5 luxury houses all private sale with approximately 40 weeks left on the programme.
Reporting in to a visiting Contracts Manager you will be for management of site operations which includes the site team and incumbent contractors. Your role will include but not be limited to:
- Ensure compliance with the company's health and safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Prepare and maintain traffic management and site strategy and review as required.
- Follow company guidelines in relation to accident and incident reporting procedures.
- Keep the health and safety compendium up to date at all times.
- Accompany health and safety advisors during site visits and undertake remedial action as appropriate.
- Review and approve risk assessments and method statements for all operations and ensure that all work is in accordance with method statements.
- Ensure all plots have a customer care pass before obtaining CML prior to legal completion.
- Carry out service visits in accordance with the customer/sales plan.
- Carry out pre-occupation checks on all properties prior to handover.
- Arrange and attend effective site based meetings with the Sales Team Leader and that the required information is available to enable the Sales Team Leader to update the customers.
- Action remedial items raised at home demonstrations.
- Ensure that all plots to be handed over have adequate and appropriate access, parking, street lighting and signage.
- Action items raised by the Contracts Manager, Sales or Customer Care team.
- Ensure that all materials are checked for damage and that they meet the required quality standards.
- Ensure subcontractors adhere to the protection guidelines as stated in the site protection manual and trade specification.
- Complete checklists accurately and return to the regional office on a weekly basis.
- Thoroughly inspect and snag each plot prior to each key stage inspection carried out by the NHBC.
- Ensure that all sub-contractor quality stage checklists are complete prior to payment being authorised.
- Prepare the master build programme and review and revise in line with budget requirements.
- Monitor progress of the build programme to ensure construction methods and timescales are met and take corrective action to bring progress back in line with programme.
- Liaise with the utility companies to ensure the build programme requirements are met.
- Hold weekly subcontract meetings using the standard meeting agenda. Discuss and resolve all actions and circulate minutes.
- Use the subcontract manual and trade specifications as a basis for managing the subcontractor's obligations.
- Check subcontract orders and liaise with commercial prior to issuing any variations or instructions.
- Assess storage arrangements and incoming deliveries to reduce waste.
- Plan flow of materials to ensure all requirements are met.
- Agree and manage the equipment, plant, staffing and subcontract requirements for the site.
- Respond to all queries from trades and action accordingly.
- Maintain the highest standard of site presentation at all times.
- Manage the recruitment and induction of new employees in line with Company best practice guide.
- You will have gained circa 4+ years experience, ideally working for a volume builder/developer.
- Have the correct CITB qualifications for the position.
- Be able to control multiple subcontractor packages and direct labour.
- Recent and relevant experience.
- Strong organisational skills with proven time management skills.
What you will get in return:
- A very competitive day rate.
- Opportunity for further contracts across the Sussex region.
- Access to a host of training course through Randstad CPE.
- The chance to work on a well resourced project.
What to do next:
If you feel this role meets your expectations please click apply and upload your latest cv. If you are seeking a new role in the future please feel free to contact Randstad CPE's Brighton branch for a confidential discussion where we can provide advice, assistance with training and update you on our latest vacancies.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.