The main purpose of the role will be to:
- Be responsible for preparing & maintaining the Research Station's trial areas, in order that trials can be conducted according to the annual research program with an optimum organisation to deliver key data defined by the business; ensuring the grounds of the research station are maintained at an optimum level.
- Ensure the maintenance of machinery and other experimental site preparation / maintenance equipment, according to the maintenance timing.
- Responsibility also includes the management of the maintenance temporary staff on a daily basis & the work carried out on site by all external contractors.
- Management of EH&S (Environmental, Health & Safety) for the maintenance part of the research station.
- Maintain the research station at the optimum state of readiness and implement a rolling weed control and horticultural cleanliness throughout the year with peak focus for key stakeholder events such as research field visit and customer tours.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- ETEC level 4 or NHD equivalent in a biological discipline - Agronomy and/or Horticulture or equivalent experience
- National Proficiency Testing Certificate, PA1, PA2, and PA6
- Experience in delivering a high quality product from a land based industry (Greenkeeping or farming)
- Horticultural / a working knowledge of horticultural crops planning, land management and crop rotation
- Supervisory potential, people management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Good level of computer literacy
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading Agrochemical company at their site in Ipswich, and in return they are offering a salary ranging from £26,500 - £30,000 per annum, plus an excellent benefits package including 26 days annual leave and a monetary bonus scheme.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST41227 in all correspondence.