Site Excellence Manager (Continuous Improvement)
c£40k + Excellent Benefits
Strive Supply Chain are a leading management recruitment consultancy, specialising in Supply Chain, Production, Planning, Logistics, Transport & Warehouse Operations, please visit our website at www.strive.c o.uk or join us on twitter at twitter .com/strivellp for further vacancies and information.
We are delighted to assist our client, a Global Food Company, in their search for a brand new Site Excellence Manager, for the facility in Norfolk. Reporting into the Operations Director, this brand new role will be responsible for identifying and streamlining procedures so that the business operates more efficiently and profitably.
As Site Excellent Manager you will:
- Challenge existing practices and identify best practice by assessing where the operation is currently in terms of LEAN principles and suggesting / implementing a plan of action to take the facility forward
- Support the businesses in assessing the operation, from analysing results from audits and KPI data to identify trends and options to further improve performance
- Drive improvements to business processes to help improve efficiency, product quality and customer service
- Coach, mentor and develop full-time site resources in the business
- Facilitate problem solving sessions such as Kaizen or Workouts to lead teams to address issues
- Lead site/functional teams on site-specific or multi-site projects
- Work closely with teams at all levels, including senior leaders to build relationships and influence to create a cultural shift/mind set of challenging the way we work
- Facilitate training sessions to educate managers and the business using a LEAN philosophy
- Act as a role model and be a change agent to build and support senior leaders and teams
The Ideal Candidate:
- Previous experience of applying Lean and or Six Sigma techniques within the manufacturing industry
- Working knowledge of recognised improvement frameworks, such as LEAN, Six Sigma, Kanban and Scrum
- Experience of working across a multi-site environment
- PRINCE2 certified
- Ability to facilitate workshops and provide Yellow/Green belt training
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to build and maintain effective relationships with strong decision making skills
- Holds a strong passion for operational excellence
This is truly an unmissable opportunity! Apply now for immediate consideration!