This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Manager to join a leading manufacturer based near Chester.
My client is a global manufacturing business with multiple site in the UK and across the growth. They have an excellent growth plan for the next few years and it is an exciting time to be part of the business.
- Safe execution of work - To be responsible for overall safe execution of all maintenance work on site to drive high safety standards and ensure compliance with company and HSE regulations.
- Team Management - You will be responsible for the management of the maintenance team of around 60 employees, responsible for recruitment, resource management, development, competence, succession planning and performance management.
- Regulatory Compliance - You will ensure that the suite of PM maintenance carried out complies with regulatory and COMAH requirements, and that that all regulatory maintenance is completed on schedule within the required timeframes.
- Cost Control - You will manage a total maintenance budget of around £12.5M, Controlling spend on day to day activities as well as revenue projects and minor turnarounds. You will manage contractor resource levels across site and control technician overtime to budget.
- Journey 2 Reliability - You will take ownership of the site maintenance and reliability improvement plan to deliver world class maintenance on site. Key areas of focus for 2018 are maintenance planning and scheduling, criticality, PM management, defect elimination, condition monitoring, competence management, turnaround planning and execution, KPI's metrics and reporting.
- A good track record of implementing reliability improvement
- A sound working knowledge of predictive, preventive, precision, proactive and planned maintenance
- Experience of leading a high performing maintenance team at a high hazard installation
- A good understanding of Root Cause Analysis, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, Reliability Centred Maintenance and reliability tools such as Pareto analysis
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to get best value from our maintenance budget
- Experience of implementation and optimisation of a CMMS
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering (2:1 or better) and ideally knowledge of high-speed, rotating machines.
- Experience working on a highly regulated COMAH site
A highly competitive of salary.
£65,000 - £85,000 dependant on experience
Excellent bonus scheme