At nmcn we’re always adapting, evolving and innovating. Our vision and values are extremely important to us, along with the continued growth and opportunity for our people. We place people at the heart of what we do, and work in partnership with our clients and customers to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK. Our specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill – from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants.
We provide a complete service offering to the sectors we work in from conception to optimisation, delivering best value and innovation. Our 12 regional offices and workshops enable us to provide a local service to our customers promoting sustainable working relationships.
Joining nmcn will open a door full of opportunities, where our people are nurtured for success and empowered to build their own adventure. We believe in your development, potentiality and growth. We aspire to be industry leading with renewed focus on having a positive impact on everything we touch.
An opportunity has arisen for a Site Engineer who will ensure that building requirements are correctly interpreted from design and implemented on site. In addition to their technical role, they will work as part of the site management team, sharing responsibility for, health and safety, as well as the organisation and supervision of material and human resources. They will be engaged on projects which vary from small scale to multi-million pound ventures across the Midlands region.
The role will also include both upward and downward reporting within the Building division and the client at all times providing clear and precise direction at all levels.
Working alongside the Site Manager the engineer will engage with others to enable the most efficient and cost effective approach in delivering outstanding projects while maintaining the highest standards of health, safety, quality assisted by the commercial team.
What you’ll be doing day to day
- To ensure Health & Safety are of paramount importance
- Setting out (marking the position of structures) and levelling the site
- Surveying the site
- Checking drawings and quantities and ensuring that the calculations are accurate for the work
- Helping with the selection and purchase of materials for use in the construction and their value
- Liaising with any consultants and / or sub-contractors engaged in the project
- Overseeing quality control and safety matters on the site, and ensuring that regulations are up kept
- Resolving any unexpected technical difficulties, and other problems that may occur
- Quality Assurance
- Development of strong team working relationships
- Cost risk management and early identification of problematic issues on site
- Bring innovative ideas
What we're looking for in a candidate
- 3+ years experience as a site engineer / setting our engineer.
- An industry applicable qualification
- Experience of FRC works and drainage is preferable
- Working knowledge of CAD would be favourable
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Be able to organise yourself
- Be able to work in a strong team environment
- Be proactive in your approach
- An excellent communicator
- A high level of diplomacy and customer focused
What we can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- Company car / Car allowance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday trading scheme
- Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
- Free eye test vouchers
- Employee share scheme
- 3x life assurance
- 5% enhanced pension contribution
- 6 monthly salary reviews
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'