Our construction client have a vacancy for a Site Engineer on their project in Sheffield. The successful will be a qualified and experienced Construction Site Engineer.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all site activities are undertaken in compliance with McLH SHEQ policies and procedures.
- Ensure all site personnel, including subcontractors, designers, clients, staff, visitors and others are inducted and have approved risk assessments and method statements (RAMS) in place.
- Produce RAMS for directly employed labour and approve RAMS for other elements of the work.
- Ensure procedures, inspections and forms are implemented, including those associated with accident reporting, permits to work and temporary works.
- Produce, implement and approve where appropriate, Inspection & Test Plans (ITP) ensuring accurate and up to date records are maintained.
- Record, submit and monitor Non-conformance Reports (NCR) and maintain the NCR register.
- Ensure accurate setting out and dimensional control within specified tolerances.
- Ensure drawings, specifications and other contract documents are kept up to date.
- Ensure that the project programme is available and communicated to the supply chain prior to works commencing.
- Develop short term look ahead programmes in collaboration with the supply chain.
- Chair, minute and circulate subcontractor progress meetings.
- Produce weekly / monthly progress reports as appropriate.
- Communicate programme risks to the PM/CM and maintain records for contractual correspondence.
- Plan and manage site resources to ensure a safe working environment and to achieve the programme.
- Ensure accurate daily records are maintained and communicated for labour, material and plant, including Sub-Contractors.
- Ensure the PM, CM and QS are kept appraised of variations to the works and any matter likely to have commercial or contractual implications.
- Essential criteria
- 5 years previous experience in a similar role
- Valid CSR Card
- Demonstrable experience in setting out large scale contracts
- site engineering