Permanent - Site Engineer
£30,000-£40,000 + Package
Do you find yourself in a job with no promotion prospects?
Do you feel that the only route to progression is a move away?
Randstad CPE currently has an exciting opportunity for a Site Engineer with civils experience to get involved on various highways bias Civil Engineering projects on a permanent basis around the Preston area.
This is a massive opportunity for any ambitious Site Engineer. As well as being on board with a forward thinking regional civils sub-contractor, which will look great on any CV, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a brilliant benefits package. Further to that, with 80% of promotions coming from in house staff, promotion and progression opportunities are regular rewards for high performance and loyalty.
Role and Responsibility
- Actively lead this initiative and will be responsible for monitoring the quality of the works in conjunction with the Test and Inspection Plan, maintaining as built records.
- Assist the Site Manager in the initial site set-up, actively installing Company systems and procedures.
- Rigorously apply effective planning techniques, methods analysis and controls to ensure the most effective and continuous use of resources.
- Assist the Site Manager and Quantity Surveying Department by compiling data to record resources utilised on each activity.
- Participate in the implementation of strict financial controls on the payment of subcontractors, suppliers and operatives.
- Co-ordinate site setting out to satisfy contract programme requirements, delegating or carrying out setting out as necessary.
- Ensure standard Company procedures are adopted in carrying out setting out operations, and that effective methods of communication are used in transmitting information to operatives and subcontractors.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with all Head Office Departments to improve all levels of communication so as to benefit and develop overall Company objectives.
- Actively support the Site Manager in maintaining and enforcing safety standards as required by statute and in accordance with the Company's Safety Policies.
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with a sub-contractor
- 3+ years' experience on Highways, Infrastructure, Public Realm, drainage and roads
- Self motivation
- Be able to organise yourself and others workload
- Innovative thinking
- An excellent communicator
- A high level of diplomacy and customer focus
- Working within a team environment
To join an exciting and well established contractor, please don't hesitate, apply now to Seif El Zarka on / email seif.el- or alternatively get in touch via LinkedIn:
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
- Site Engineer
- Setting Out Engineer
- Drainage. Groundworks