JOB TITLE: Site Electrical Maintenance Engineer
JOB LOCATION: Swindon
RESPONSIBLE TO: Contract Supervisor
A Site Electrical Maintenance Engineer is required to join a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Fabric property maintenance company. This is a great opportunity for a Site Electrical Maintenance Engineer to be based in Swindon.
BRIEF DETAILS OF POSITION:
A full time position has become available for a Resident Electrical Maintenance Operative to join the team carrying out planned and reactive works.
Main Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Be conversant with current Health & Safety legislation with relevance to safe working practices and attend tool box talks
- Comply with specific Contract, work department and Company procedures at all times
- Ensure engineering standards are maintained in order to maximise the operation, effectiveness and reliability of the plant and associated equipment.
- Complete a weekly timesheet and submit in accordance with Company procedures
- Maintain accurate records/documentation of works done and expenditure, using this information to report to the Supervisor as required
- Liaise and co-ordinate site activities associated with services for which you are responsible, i.e. labour planning and ordering of materials
- Assist in the preparation of emergency contingency plans
- Assist with co-ordination of all site activities, both maintenance and projects and ensure all safety aspects are managed and monitored in accordance with site / contract procedures and requirements
- Undertake all tasks associated with labour planning and providing holiday and sickness cover
- Carry out PPM and reactive work as required in order to meet completion deadlines
- Take ownership of the clients’ needs and pursue good communications with the customer in order to build a stable relationship
- Be proactive with regard to preventative maintenance and opportunities to secure additional works
- Operate the company’s QA procedures and maintain clear and legible records as required
- Be available to attend emergency and call outs and provide written incident reports as required
- Co-ordinate and manage all subcontractors activity relating to works undertaken
- Provide cover for Supervisor when required, i.e. holidays, sickness
- Ensure compliance with safe systems of work, risk assessments, method statements etc. and all relevant documentation is adhered to in accordance with company health and safety policy
- Complete any other associated task requested by management
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 17th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations
- Clean Driving Licence
- Ability to read, interpret and understand wiring diagrams
- Experience of fault finding
- Maintenance of circuits, distribution boards
- Emergency lighting, 3 phase electrics including motors etc.
- A good knowledge of all building services
- Sound level of administration and organisational skills
- Minimum 2 years practical experience within the building industry
DESIREABLE SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- NVQ Level 3 qualified Electrician
- City & Guilds 2391 Inspection and Testing
- Installation work, testing and inspection
- Experience of HVAC systems
- Working knowledge of BMS systems
- Working knowledge and understanding of other skill sets (multi-skilled).
- Health and Safety experience
- 2 years’ experience within similar role
- Sound knowledge of computers software, Microsoft Office
- Time served apprenticeship
SALARY RANGE: To be discussed at interview
If you are an experienced Site Electrical Maintenance Engineer with a proactive and efficient approach looking for a rewarding role in an exciting and industry leading company, please apply.