Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for Production, Quality Control, Supply Chain, HSE, Engineering and Maintenance across the site.
A global manufacturer of specialist chemical products providing custom solutions into a range of sectors.
As Site Director, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Motivating, developing and managing the team and providing a sense of direction and commitment to people in order to promote a'safetyfirst' culture.
- Ensuring conformance with statutory and company quality, safety, health and environmental regulations, policies and standards, including the businesses Code of Conduct
- Identifying and implementing continuous process improvements. Assessing performance indicators and taking appropriate actions to ensure quality, delivery, inventory (DOI) and cost goals of manufacturing operations are met. (5S, Lean Systems, TPS)
- Defining and providing Key Performance Indicators (KPI's), analyse deviations, communicate and implement corrective and/or preventive action plans
- Managing and prioritising capital investment plans for the continuing development of the site. Managing union negotiations together with local HR Network with peers in the Group in order to maintain a high level of information flow and best practice sharing across the Group
- Championing a continuous improvement mentality that will push the organisation to strive for excellence in terms of quality, cost and service levels
- Developing talent to ensure that the future management needs of the business are met. Meeting with employees on a regular basis to ensure communication of operational objectives
In order to be successful in your application, you will ideally have the following:
- Graduate level (preferably chemical or process engineering)
- Extensive experience in related management positions with knowledge and skills in manufacturing, supply chain, EHS
- Experience of batch manufacturing processes
- Proven ability to instigate, influence and manage change
- Computer and analytical skills required with solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs necessary.
- Experience with ERP systems
- Fundamental knowledge and experience of lean manufacturing tools
£competitive base + car allowance, pension, bonus, healthcare
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job