Middlesbrough Accountancy are delighted to be working with a well established North East firm. My client is looking to appoint a Site Accountant on a permanent basis.
Responsible for coordination of the accounting function for the company including supervision of accounting department personnel and establishing appropriate controls and procedures to safeguard company assets. The goal of the accounting department is to consistently produce timely and accurate information / reports which management can rely on to evaluate business performance and make informed decisions.
- Perform daily cash flow analysis by reviewing bank receipts and clearings
- Responsible for weekly payroll, ensuring 100% accuracy and on time delivery
- Monitor and direct customer accounts receivable collection follow-up and establish appropriate customer credit limits
- Review invoices for proper approval and documentation and release all payments
- Review / analyse on pay back analysis for all capital projects
- Consolidate, compile, prepare month-end (Inc, Balance Sheet, P&L, Trial Balance and Ledger accounts) and review monthly closing data with Site Manager
- Prepare and update government (HMRC) reports and requests
- Review reconciliation of customer statement for old outstanding items
- Administer and Capital Expenditure guidelines
- Administer year-end activities
- Manage subordinate holiday schedule and ensure coverage for key functions is continuous
- Analyze and keep current inter-company accounts updated
- Seek out cost saving opportunities and the involvement in cost saving initiatives with the leadership group.
- Perform all preparation work and then work closely with outside independent auditors and head office personnel during the fiscal year end process which includes any R&D submissions
This role comes with a competitive salary and other great benefits.
To apply, please email an updated version of your CV to or alternatively apply online.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'