H9 Technical are proud to be partnering a market-leading manufacturing business in the recruitment of a Simulation Engineer, to be part of the companies Research & Development department, based at the Head Office in Deeside, North Wales.
To increase company technical expertise, allow further development techniques to be constructed for our R&D Equipment and FTG teams, and to align our analysis capability with the expectations of our automotive customer base in terms of mechanical joining simulation of the SPR process.
Key Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
·Be the technical lead on commercial and R&D projects concerning the simulation of the mechanical joining SPR process.
·Prepare test specifications to facilitate the validation of simulation projects.
·Carry out simulation validation tests, document findings, and disseminate key findings through the business.
·Liaise between the two R&D development groups within the business to integrate project work streams.
·Be the technical lead on R&D projects concerning the simulation of mechanical joining equipment.
·Support internal and external customers with engineering and product data.
·Work concurrently with Purchasing and Manufacturing to ensure repeatable and reliable manufacture, including the provision of general engineering and design advice and information to assist effective manufacture and inspection/test tasks.
- Minimum of a Bachelors’ degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a commercial engineering environment, with a minimum of three years’ experience in an analytical simulation role utilising Finite Element Analysis software or similar.
- 3D CAD modelling experience, preferably with Solid Edge software.
- An appreciation of metallurgy and how metallurgical characteristics can affect physical properties.
- Experience in use of MSC Simufact simulation software or a related product such as DEFORM.
- Experience of metal forming processes.
What’s on offer?
Highly competitive salary, contributory pension, private healthcare, cycle to work scheme and the opportunity to work within a truly innovative and forward-thinking engineering team.
Please respond to this advert today and we will be in touch to discuss further if you profile is suitable. Confidentiality is ensured at all times.
Other Keywords: Research and Development, R & D, metallurgy, hydraulics, electrical components, FEA, Solid Edge.
- Finite Element Analysis
- Solid Edge
- Simulation Software
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job