Purpose of Role
Provide design managerial and technical leadership of the signalling design teams within a local area office, particularly in respect of the development, local line management and local deployment of the appropriate signalling design resources and any relevant technical capability necessary for the successful delivery of Carillion Rail’s projects.Principal Accountabilities
- Assist in the development and deployment at a local level of appropriate technical methodologies to support proposals and project delivery.
- Assist the Signalling Design Group Manager in developing necessary tools, techniques and resources to meet the needs of our current and emerging market sectors.
- Develop in conjunction with the planning personnel, project programmes and associated time and resource estimates and skills requirements.
- Provide on a regular basis reports on the local office team(s) performance to the Signalling Design Group Manager and planning personnel.
- Provide technical guidance for the production of detailed signalling design.
- Monitor and review progress, ensuring project timescales and targets are met.
- Implement the design scope, ensuring that the design team(s) understands the project requirements.
- Act as Responsible Design Engineer (RDE) for projects.
- Determine design methodology for projects and sign off outline and design specifications.
- Co-ordinate the preparations of design reviews and make sure the appropriate attendance of the relevant parties e.g. construction, electrification, civil, testing and commissioning engineers.
- Provide leadership to the review ensuring that non-standard applications requiring concession approvals or non-compliances and derogations are identified.
- Establish the need for risk assessments and identify the analysis and the appropriate tools and methods required.
- Formalise key project decisions and make sure that all risk assessments have been undertaken as appropriate.
- Determine appropriate design parameters and scope.
- Provide guidance on resolution of technical issues, design process and resource issues.
- Ensure satisfactory resolutions of technical queries and project anomalies.
- Develop and implement strategies for new/non-standard equipment.
- Make sure that document control procedures have been followed.
- Check that adequate documentation has been received/produced and make sure a full audit trail of designs and make sure that the clients have the required supporting documentation.
- Make sure that all submissions to external bodies are made and that the necessary approvals are received.
- Review test logs and help resolve issues during the commissioning of projects.
- Deputise/represent the Signalling Design Group Manger at internal and client meetings as required.
- Undertake the role of independent checker of detailed design as appropriate.
- Compliance with, and implementation of, Company requirements in respect of Safety, Environment and Quality management (SEQ).
- Provide assistance to the Professional Head of Signalling during audits, briefings and matters of principle as required.
Role requires IRSE licence for Principles/ Verifier or Engineering manager.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job