Sign Out Manager
4 days on, 4 days off - Days/Nightshifts
Our esteemed Client is now looking to add to their already strong Scientific teams a Sign out Manager that is HCPC registered. The purpose of the role is analysis of Real Time PCR data generated by the clinical laboratory team to provide results of COVID 19 diagnosis. The Sign out Manager will provide assurance to the Laboratory Senior Management team through data analysis of the credibility of test results produced within the laboratory and assist the Laboratory Shift Manager & Lead Scientist in the management of the laboratory.
PRIMARY DUTIES & AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Leads and manages a team of Analysts ensuring the quality of results
- Acts as a clinical expert leading reviews of queries and anomalies
- Review test results, maintains legible work records and enters findings into the laboratory information system (LIMS).
- Participates, as requested, in training of new employees
- Achieve, demonstrate, maintain and promotes scientific & technical excellence, and by example ensure high professional standards amongst the scientific, technical and support staff within the laboratory.
- To ensure that all staff meet the necessary standards of speed, quality and accuracy, appropriate to the level of experience and training.
- To be support the induction, training & competencies of staff within the section. This includes ensuring contemporaneous completion of all induction, training & competency records.
- Support and help to develop the training of the laboratory staff at all levels.
- Work with and supervise the work of staff in conjunction with other senior members of staff.
- Working with the Laboratory Shift Manager, Lead Scientist, develop, coordinate and maintain the laboratory’s programme of continuous service review in accordance with internal and external quality systems and within the framework of continuous quality improvement.
- To work with the quality manager to ensure all necessary quality standards are met, including UKAS ISO15189.
- To be responsible for the establishment, and participate in the auditing, of all working procedures and protocols within your area of responsibility.
- To be responsible for the promotion, identification and implementation of efficiency measures within the section. Work with senior staff in the other sections to ensure that any efficiency measures identified within the section are implemented.
- To be responsible for the production of all standing operational procedures, protocols and policies within the section, and ensure that they are maintained, reviewed and updated when necessary.
- To be responsible for implementing any procedural changes required by the Laboratory Shift Manager and disseminate information relating to them.
- To be responsible for the accurate maintenance of all records pertaining to the activities of the areas of responsibility.
- Together with the section leads, take a shared responsibility for the fabric of the laboratory.
- To be responsible for the identification, recording, assessment and mitigation of risks within the section, and escalate where appropriate to shift manager
- Provide workload statistics.
- To be responsible for the participation in and adherence to the procedures for both internal and external quality control (including national External Quality Assurance Schemes, NEQAS), thereby providing quality assurance in test results produced.
Essential criteria and experience:
- HCPC registered
- Experience of qPCR
- Scientific knowledge in molecular biology of infectious diseases/genetic disorders
- An understanding of the meaning of results to enable authorisation and appropriate action in dealing with abnormal or unusual results
- A working knowledge and practical application of the departments IT systems
- Experience in a laboratory preferably in molecular or microbiology
- Team leadership skills
- Educated to BSc (Hons) in Biomedical Sciences or equivalent qualification acceptable to the Institute of Biomedical Sciences and the Health Professions Council for registration.
- Computer literacy, with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel
- Experience of UKAS ISO 15189 Accreditation, audit and management
- Experience of training/teaching BMS and other staff.
- Knowledge of all H&S issues, relating to the laboratory activity including national and European directives.
- Participation in the Institute of Biomedical Sciences CPD scheme
This job description is not exhaustive and will be subject to periodic review in association with the post-holder.
*** For a full Job Spec please call Vanessa on Ext 302.
Insignia Recruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'