Shrinkage and Compliance Manager
Shrinkage & Compliance Manager
Competitive Salary + Benefits
We have joined Sainsbury’s in our journey to become a leading retail organisation and ensuring we place our customers at the heart of everything we do. Together we have a great opportunity to build a brilliant future and do a fantastic job for all our customers.
Distribution is the lifeblood of the company. Argos as a whole depends on ensuring that customers get the goods they want, when they want them. What the customers don’t see is the vast, sophisticated supply chain and logistics operation that makes it all possible.
The remit of a role of Shrinkage and Compliance Manager is to provide assurance to General Managers and S&C Leadership Team regarding the management of stock and process integrity within Argos Distribution at Site level and other related business areas when required. This will include:
- Assessing the risk and impact of new systems, changed procedures and work practises upon the accuracy of stock recording and its impact upon centralised records and accounts.
- Conducting specific shrinkage compliance monitoring to ensure interfaces between connecting computerised and manual systems are qualitative and minimise risk.
- Supporting site management teams in the identification of cost effective work practices and generation of effective processes and procedures which, if compliant, support a risk management culture.
As Shrinkage & Compliance Manager, your main responsibilities will include:
- To complete, plan and conduct compliance and stock integrity activity regarding the overall management of stock within sites and associated buildings. The main objective being to verify overall operational performance and identify/minimise areas of risk and unidentified shrinkage within the business.
- To provide information and guidance around site risk by reviewing key information internally and / or from other key sources around the business
- To ensure the capabilities, integrity and processes are in place to provide a view on integrity of site working practices, retail process disconnects and systems reporting giving clear and concise direction to site and S&C management.
- To provide recommendations and support action plans that will deliver improved efficiency, reduction in shrinkage and improved customer service across the site, sharing best practice with colleagues across the network.
- To provide continuous support to the site management team when embarking on change programmes. As a recognised business expert on shrinkage management and site processes, the job holder is tasked with reviewing changes and recommending / advising on best implementation methods that may require a clear reporting methodology or system changes.
- To escalate any suspected incidents of loss, fraud or criminal damage across the site to the Investigations Team.
Your skills & experience will include:
- Extensive knowledge and experience in distribution operation, with expertise in an operational role involving shrinkage management.
- Detailed knowledge of Audit techniques to include: compliance, completeness, substantive, accuracy tests, inventory analysis
- Ability to identify risk and gather evidence to test relevant controls
- Analytical and organised approach to problem solving
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Access) and an in-depth knowledge of computerised stock management systems, central Mainframe interfaces and supply chain processes
- Proficient knowledge of systems and working practices of 3rd party partners
- High standard of communication oral, written and presentational skills essential.
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise own workload
- Extensive experience of working in a high pressure environment, dealing with senior management, challenging and supporting them on key business activity by interpreting shrinkage trends within the site
- Good influencing skills and a high level of tenacity and integrity to deliver supportive direction to site management.
- Adaptive thinking plus the ability to succeed within a constantly changing environment is essential.
What you’ll get in return:
If being part of a highly successful Shrinkage & Compliance team wasn’t enough, you’ll also receive a host of great benefits. As well as a competitive salary and rewarding bonus scheme you will receive a huge range of learning and development opportunities, 22 days’ holiday, a save-as-you-earn scheme, pension and staff discounts at Argos, Sainsbury’s and Habitat.
- Inventory Management
- Stock Control
- Stock Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'