Short Breaks Service Deputy Manager (Social and Healthcare Qualified)
The Post holder will be required to provide leadership and management of the Castle Gate Residential Short Breaks Service for disabled children. Responsible with the Registered Manager (RM), Deputy Managers are to ensure the service maintains an acceptable Ofsted rating of "Good" or better and meet the regulatory requirements at all times through continuous improvement and quality assurance.
- To provide a safe short breaks service that achieves positive outcomes for children and carers, facilitating maximum independence, learning opportunities, choice, and control through person centred planning and support.
- To ensure effective service delivery and performance to meet relevant legislation, regulations and standards, West Berkshire policies and procedures, good practice guidelines and agreed performance targets.
- To contribute to the strategic management of service and directorate
- To ensure that children and young people have their needs met and the service meets the standards set in the Castle Gate Statement of Purpose and in the Children’s Home Regulations
- To ensure the provision of high standards of care practice and the achievement of defined quality standards for service delivery
- To work with the Registered Manager to establish and maintain a competent, motivated and confident staffing team providing leadership, managerial direction, guidance and support to staff.
- To undertake staff performance management including monthly supervision and annual appraisal
- To ensure that the service is supported to develop effectively by producing service and individual work plans, setting targets, monitoring and appraising team and individual performance and producing regular performance reports for senior management and purchasers of the service.
- To assist the Registered Manager with recruitment of staff and to oversee staff induction as required
- To assist the RM with the development of policies and procedures for the service and to take responsibility for specific aspects of policy and procedure, as required by the RM
- To support staff with setting of appropriate individual targets for children and to ensure that progress is monitored and recorded
- To quality assure work of supervisees through sign off of Placement Plans, risk assessments and other documents
- To take part in regular management file audits to monitor quality of documentation and record keeping and to follow up any issues with staff through supervision
- To work with the RM to manage the admissions process to the service so that children’s social work teams are able to manage short breaks according to local authority priorities
- To provide an enabling environment for people with learning disability, autism and associated needs, through developing the physical environment and the skills of the staff team, and strengthening the links with multidisciplinary community teams
- To support the RM with budget management
- To be responsible for bookings and staff rotas, including sourcing of temporary staff to cover sickness, vacancies etc
- To liaise with parents, social workers and other agencies, including supporting the RM in dealing with any queries or complaints
- To deputise for the team manager as required, eg. chairing of team meetings and attendance at relevant meetings
- To ensure that the child’s voice is integral to service development and to planning and provision for the child and to support staff in understanding how to provide choice and control for young people
- To undertake some direct work with young people based on a rolling rota involving mornings, evenings, weekends and on-call duties and to model good practice and provide direction for staff during shifts
- To promote equality and inclusion across all service provision and employment through policy initiatives, personal example, open commitment, clear action and direction.
- To recognise health and safety is a responsibility of every employee, to take reasonable care of self and others and to comply with the WBC Health and Safety policy and any service-specific procedures / rules that apply to this role.
- To undertake additional duties as required by the management within the Directorate.
- Performance Management
- Risk Assessments
- Support Staff
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'