Knottingley, WF11 8ER
Do you have the experience to be a Manager of one of our large stores?
Our large store in Knottingley stocks just about everything, from a large amount of donated and new furniture, electrics and household items such as book and DVDs, through to ladies, men’s and children’s clothing. Knottingley is approximately 3 miles from Pontefract with excellent bus and train routes. There is also free parking at the shop site.
This Shop has a large floor area and beautiful windows to create some eye catching displays, ideal if have a creative flare you wish to put to use.
Shop Managers are vital to Sue Ryder’s success so we want you to take responsibility for developing this shop to reach its full potential, maximising income and achieving targets to ensure we continue to improve the lives of people with a life-changing condition.
Your main responsibilities include:
• Organise fundraising events to promote Sue Ryder
• Recruit, train & retain a volunteer team, who'll look to you for leadership and guidance.
• Proactively maintain a well merchandised shop that pushes the boundaries and goes above and beyond your customers' individual expectations
• Manage effective stock processes and embrace new ways of working through the introduction of an Epos operation
• Attend area meetings and assisting at other shops as required
• Embracing changes and development of new IT procedures
To be successful in this role you’ll have the commercial awareness to deliver sales and meet deadlines. You will also have:
• Retail management experience
• Excellent leadership skills with the ability to help the shop team increase their skills and responsibility
• IT literate and numerate
• Able to use your own initiative and work autonomously
• Understanding of financial administration
• Experience of recruiting volunteers would be an advantage
Above all else you will have the ambition to succeed and ensure Sue Ryder can continue delivering incredible care to all the people we support. A great opportunity to use your entrepreneurial flair to make a difference and we’ll reward you with career development within our expanding retail business!
*Competitive Benefits Package* - including 25 days holiday rising to 30 with service, buy and sell holiday scheme, private pension, staff discount with thousands of retailers, enhanced maternity pay and lots more. Please visit our website for the full list.