Shop Floor Manager
MacDonald Aviemore Resort has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic Shop floor Manager to assist the Retail manager to drive sales through providing exceptional customer service in our Luxury shopping facility. This individual will play a vital role in delivering a warm and friendly welcome to our Guests and visitors, They should have a keen eye for detail, an organised approach and a willingness to exceed our guest expectations every time. Often operating on the front line, they are the real ambassadors of our company, and are committed to consistently delivering the highest standards.
• Our Shop Floor Managers are individuals who have the ability to help provide the ultimate shopping experience.
• They are passionate about luxury Retail, have excellent communication skills and enjoy working in a team environment, with a talent for developing others, they will also be working closely with the Resort management team to deliver our core standards and provide our guests with a great experience every time.
• This is a key position in our hotel, as a result additional hours may be required to support the hotel during our busier periods.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
• To assist the Retail Manager in driving sales through exceptional service whilst upholding the brand standards, maintaining the immaculate presentation of the shop floor and providing a sincere warm welcome to all our visitors.
GENERIC KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• To take pride in everything I do.
• To consistently deliver outstanding hospitality.
• To anticipate and react to the needs of our guests.
• To be an ambassador for the MacDonald Brand.
• To take ownership for my personal development and performance.
• To contribute to the overall effectiveness and performance of my team.
• To consistently deliver MacDonald core standards which are relevant to my role.
• To maintain a safe and clean environment.
• To take responsibility for understanding our products and services.
• To proactively look for ways to improve or enhance the guest experience.
• To use feedback to improve my personal performance whilst activity encouraging feedback from others.
• To give my full to support to company initiatives.
• To complete and act upon training (including statutory) in line with company policy and procedures.
• To follow all processes assigned to my role ensuring full compliance.
• To identify any barriers or challenges which may prevent me from delivering on agreed processes.
• To take responsibility for keeping up to date with any changes in my department.
• To have an awareness and understanding of operational costs related to the performance of my job role.
• To look for ways to protect the profit of the organisation without compromising the guest experience.
• Be aware of department objectives and ensure all sales opportunities are exploited (OWS).
• To promote the products and services to our guest at every opportunity.
• Spot and act on every opportunity for sales.
• To act upon any reasonable instructions from management as pertains to my job responsibilities.
JOB SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Assist the Retail Manager to Drive sales through exceptional service by attracting, developing and retaining the sales force.
• Ensure the shop floor is presented in a clean, vibrant and creative manner whilst upholding the required standards.
• Ensure equipment and premises are maintained in a clean, safe working order.
• Ensure accurate payments are dealt with in accordance with the resorts standards and the company’s cash handling procedures.
• To participate fully and regularly conduct reviews and meetings.
• Positive working relationships to be established and maintained throughout the resort.
• Train and guide the team to follow guidelines to ensure procedures and legal requirements pertaining to fire, safety, hygiene and security to be adhered to at all times.
• Train and guide the team to follow guidelines to ensure safeguarding procedures and provisions are in place with regards to shop floor maintenance.
• Follow instruction and guidelines to ensure timely completion of all records relating to Food, fire, and H&S legislation.
• Train the team in relation to safe working practices and their legal responsibilities.
• Child Care Inspections
• Brand standard audits
• Health & Safety checks
• Guest feedback
• Mystery guest
• AA inspection outcome
• Acoura audits
• EHO reports
• Financial performance