Ships Agent | Port Agent
Our client is a leading shipping agents based in Southampton that are now looking to recruit a Ships Agent to join their team.
As Ships Agent you will be responsible for nominated vessels before, during and after its stay in port. This includes completing/issuing relevant documentation along with boarding vessels when required liaising with all parties.
- Daily contact with Owners, Charterers & Crew (all relevant parties)
- Liaise with customs, health authorities for vessel arrival. Includes gathering cargo information, crew lists, crew effects, tonnage certificates
- Provide quotes (Agency Fee)
- Arranging crew changes, bunkers, barges (ships stores) when required
- Boarding - Complete documentation on arrival with Captain/Senior Crew
- Handling important documentation - SOF (Statement of facts)/NOR (Notice of readiness)/BOL (Bill of lading)
- Constantly updating on vessels progress
You will be flexible with hours, given the nature of the role you will be expected to visit vessels when necessary. Attention to detail is an absolute key as you will be handling/issuing/endorsing important cargo documentation when liaising between crew and relevant parties such as owners/charterers. When boarding vessels you are 'the face' of the company, the only face to face interaction the crew will have with your company, so you must have excellent communication & customer service skills to provide the highest standard of service.
- Knowledge/experience of the shipping industry
- Dealt with crew on board vessels
- Flexible with working hours
Salary & Benefits:
Competitive salary + benefits offered to the right candidate. This includes a car allowance & OT.
- port agent