Our client based in Essex is seeking an experienced Shipping Operations Coordinator. The main function to the role will be to provide Operational Services to facilitate the Equipment Control, Billing and Customer Service functions on a timely, accurate and effective basis for Equipment and Customers in a designated geographical region. The duties and responsibilities will be as follows:
- Provide professional, responsive customer service to local and international customer requests for equipment or information.
- Process customer requests for pick up or drop off of equipment in accordance with operational procedures and business terms.
- Coordinate equipment control and damage approval activities with storage and repair depot vendors in accordance with technical and operational procedures.
- Follow up with customers and depots to ensure equipment is moving through the maintenance and repair cycle on a timely basis.
- Update Container Damage status in central computer system and resolve discrepancies between EDI activity sent electronically by depot vendors and the system status.
- Reconcile vendor invoices and purchase orders for depot, survey and drayage expenses.
- Process invoices for the sale of equipment and coordinate pick up with depot and buyer.
- Assist marketing with regional customer requirements in both the leasing and selling of equipment.
- Liaise with regional offices and agents and other departments to provide internal customer service and coordinate activities.
- Perform activity and inventory reconciliations on a bi-monthly basis for gate buy customers and consignments yards.
- Other projects as assigned.
Must have a Container Shipping background with strong customer service skills. You will be proficient in Word and Excel functions and be able to multi-task and manage multiple projects.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'