Mim's Enterprises Ltd
Shipping & Logistics Administrator required for small but busy office in North Glasgow, reporting directly to the Managing Director.
This is a key administrative role involved in supporting the sales and logistics activities of the business. Reporting to the Managing Director, this is a varied role involved in managing our imports and warehouse inventory, supporting the sales and merchandising teams, working closely with the Sales and Operations departments.
We are a small office team of 5 people and will match only those who prefer this type of work environment.
The position will suit someone who thrives on variety, job ownership and accountability, able to work without supervision. This person is resourceful and self-driven, results orientated, able to motivate themselves, taking pride in a job well done and able to relate to others with empathy and patience.
It is essential that the successful candidate be a fast learner, good communicator both verbal and written, quick to pick up training, open to new concepts and ideas, preferably ECDL certified, has good analytical and decision making skills.
- Managing the business inventory and placing orders with overseas factories.
- All work relating to import and shipping, including Customs clearance.
- Arranging delivery of containers to final destinations.
- Communicating directly with suppliers and customers by telephone and email.
- Assisting customers and sales team with sales information and requests.
- Providing administrative support to Sales and Operations departments.
- Managing sales, stock and shipping data and reports.
- Maintaining excellent procedures with detailed documenting.
- Answering telephone calls efficiently and professionally.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- The key function is associated with Import and Export so previous administrative experience in Shipping and Logistics is vital.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, fluent in written and verbal English.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Highly experienced administrative skills.
- Problem solving ability.
- Good computer and keyboard skills with high level proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint programmes.
- An ability to work independently and as a team.
- A flexible and 'can do’ attitude with a pleasant manner especially during busy times.
- Enjoys a varied role.
- Available to start immediately.
A highly resourceful person with high accountability standards, who is results driven, possessing problem solving skills and strong empathy with people.
Self-motivated and self-starter
Accuracy and attention to detail
Efficient and adaptable
Having a sense of calm urgency
An ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
Good organisation and prioritising skills
Quick to learn
Being proactive and flexible
Permanent, full time Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm
Some overtime may be needed during peak periods.
Salary to start £17,000 to £18,000 per annum, based on experience and performance during a six month probationary period.
We believe in rewarding those who have high standards and care about their work, who are committed to delivering beyond expectations. Although we are a small company, the growth and progression within our company is through broader responsibilities, bigger role and remuneration to match.
20 days holidays plus statutory holidays for the first year rising to a max of 25 days plus statutory entitlement.
Apply by sending up-to-date CV together with 2 references. No references will be taken without your prior approval.
We have carefully detailed as much as possible the job description, personal skills and qualities of our best candidate profile and our company philosophy. Please study carefully to ensure that this position is the right fit for you before applying to ensure a successful and rewarding partnership for you and our company. Thank you for your time.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE - THANK YOU.
- Administration Duties
- International Shipping