£25-30,000 per annum
Monday to Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm (4pm Friday)
Ongoing Temporary – Immediate Start
• Experience of working within customs & excise
• Import sea and air experience would be highly beneficial
• Knowledge of OPR, IPR, CFSP and Bonded Warehousing would be an advantage
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong numeracy and literacy skills (Mathematics and English O level / GCSE minimum grade C or above)
• Good IT and numerical skills with particular emphasis on MS Office packages & PO Visibility Tools
• Ability to prioritise own workload and to work unsupervised
• Good understanding of purchasing and INCO terms
• Knowledge of SAP is desirable
• An eye for detail and a positive, confident and flexible approach
• Import customs clearances for inbound sea freight and air freight shipments using CHIEF
• A good working knowledge of the DMS customs warehousing system
• Understanding of the HMRC requirements relating to the import and export business
• Commodity code classifications
• High level of understanding of working with freight forwarders
• Work closely with the operations team priorities and ensure that key issues are raised on a timely basis.
• Ensure key deadlines are met to facilitate customs entries and achieve delivery of shipments as required by customers
• Work closely with specified Group businesses in all shipping matters to support them in any area where assistance can be provided.
• Prioritise and manage time effectively.
Our client a well-known name within the leisure industry. This world renowned organisation, established well over a century ago, remains at the forefront of its industry and is an immediately recognisable home name brand. The company continues to produce world class products which are being utilised on a global scale. This is your chance to join a well-established organisation which is passionate about producing a high quality product and continues to explore avenues for development and progression.
Proman acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website www.proman-uk.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
The UK is set to depart from the EU on 31st January 2020. EU, EEA or Swiss citizens living in the UK that wish to remain in the UK post Brexit need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. Please follow the below link for information on how to apply.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'