Inside Out Purchasing & Supply has been engaged to recruit a Shipping Coordinator for a company based in Kent.
The Role :
* Challenge & calculate the human & material resources needed, estimate costs for forward planning.
* Monitor the production processes, suggest improvements & adjust schedules as needed to ensure customer expectations are met.
* Chase (or oversee chasing of) UK suppliers for delivery dates, negotiating to improve dates where necessary & escalating problems. Chase FE suppliers for delivery dates, monitor production to ensure shipping dates are met
* Book in deliveries with customers and hauliers.
* Liaise with customers regarding availability, managing customer expectations & providing the best possible customer service.
* Calculate (or approve) pallet configurations using industry recognised software.
* Negotiate rates & trading terms with shipping agents, finding & trialling alternative suppliers where necessary, monitor shipping rate trends.
* Record shipments & supplier communication.
* Ensure relevant shipping documents are received promptly & are sent to correct parties for customs clearance/release.
* Maintain a good working knowledge of tariff codes & customs entry forms to assist with duty/VAT entry queries.
* Assist with Far East supplier invoice queries as necessary. Sign off freight invoices & query with relevant party where necessary.
* Resolve issues between warehouses & customers regarding alcohol related UK duty movements & clearance.
* Arrange alcohol duty clearance for bonded products into duty paid warehouses.
* Responsible for processing duty drawbacks.
* Liaise with customer supply chain regarding availability & delivery; plan deliveries including arranging transportation & raise all relevant documentation.
Qualifications & Experience required:
* GCSE minimum C grade in English & maths with strong numerical skills
* Experience of office procedures & computerised systems with accurate & fast data inputting skills
* UK driving licence & authorisation to work in the UK
* Experience of dealing with the Far East and sea/air freight imports/exports and knowledge of commodity codes
* Experience of dealing with duty suspended stock movements