Salary: £21,000 - £27,000 plus benefits
We are delighted to assist our client, a leading independent shipping and logistics providers, who are now seeking an ambitious Shipping Coordinator to join their team.
Reporting into the Office Manager, you will be carrying out booking procedures accurately, with a 'right first time’ attitude, ensuring attention to detail, set up and maintain clear business records and customer client base, whilst following up sales leads and providing competitive quotations.
- Carry out import / export customs entries
- Provide customer service to internal departments and overseas affiliates/clients.
- Maintain import data and verify information accuracy.
- Classify all entries, resolve import problems and monitor carnet imports for incoming exhibitions.
- Coordinate all deliveries and security arrangements from the airport to facility.
- Handle all post-entry amendments and internal audits of all imports that have been imported.
- Experience in Import / Export procedures - from quotation to completion of shipments including billing/invoice processing.
- Experience in LCL consolidation services or general knowledge of import consolidation services is an advantage
- Experience in import and export customs - NES Export/Import Clearance
- Experience in Airfreight/ Road freight is an advantage
- IT literacy with good knowledge of a variety of software applications i.e. Microsoft word/excel
- Ability to deliver high levels of customer satisfaction
- Experience of Cargowise software an advantage but not a requirement
Our client is looking for a Self-motivated, Driven, passionate individual, who can come in a hit the ground running, whilst delivering a high degree of professionalism.
For more information please contact one of our specialist consultants quoting REF: NJR7416