We have an exciting opportunity with a long-established global furniture distributor and upholstery company enjoying unprecedented growth, with a head office in North London, and sales offices in Atlanta, USA and Singapore, for a shipping coordinator.
If you’ve 1-2 years shipping experience, and live within a commutable distance to North London, we’d love to hear from you!
- Essential requirements for this role are:
- Extensive order processing experience using MRP systems, Axapta a plus.
- Strong IT skills, including Microsoft Office products and the ability to manipulate large amounts of data and generate reports in EXCEL.
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills.
- Critical Path management skills.
- Ability to manage a heavy workload under pressure and prioritise conflicting requirements.
- Ability to handle a large volume of e-mails on a daily basis.
- Proactive approach to problem-solving with high attention to detail.
- Experience of working with off-shore manufacturing facilities, especially in European and Far East locations, with a good understanding of international trade and shipping generally, furniture industry experience a plus.
- Experience in generating export documentation by sea, air, road and courier, as well as customs clearance knowledge, would be useful.
- Good standard of written and spoken English, as well as the ability to interact well with personnel at all levels in diverse business cultures.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good team player but able to work unsupervised as well.
This permanent position is paying up to £24,000 with 20 days holiday plus other benefits.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job