An exciting opportunity to work as a Shipping Clerk has arisen with Astra Recruitments client. Our client is a specialist in shipping by road, rail, sea and air.
We are looking for an experienced Shipping Clerk. The ideal candidate will have experience in ocean import operations and come from a freight forwarding background.
As the Shipping Clerk your duties will include:
- Investigate and plan the most appropriate shipping method based on individual client's needs.
- Keep costs in line with client’s budgets.
- Liaise with a network of overseas contacts on a daily basis to confirm bookings, availability and arrange loadings.
- Develop good relationships with customers
- Keep clients regularly updated regarding the progress of their shipments and arrival of cargo.
- Arrange deliveries
- Complete cost and margin analysis
- Update internal systems, paperwork and files.
- Manage your customer accounts
- Gain new business working in conjunction with sales executives to develop and secure new clients.
- Experienced in ocean import operations and come from a freight forwarding background
- Able to use Microsoft Office packages including Outlook ,Word and Excel
- Experience in the management of client accounts
- Analytical and accurate
- The ability to manage your own workload efficiently and proactively
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Proven history of commercial / sales acumen
Hours: 8:30am-5:30pm Monday to Friday
*Due to the location your own transport would be essential*
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks of application by one of our consultants here at Astra Recruitment for a short telephone pre-screen prior to being submitted to the client. Unfortunately due to high levels of applications you will not be contacted if you are unsuccessful
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job