Like working in a small team and working to achieve a common goal?
If you have a background or knowledge of shipping and export please take a look at this great opportunity!
We are working with a long standing successful, family feel distribution business to recruit their next shipping assistant. This role is an addition to their existing small team based in a light filled, open plan office.
Your role will see you support the shipping team to coordinate the warehouse team's work flow and produce associated paperwork. You will then organise the export of the product worldwide to meet customer orders and ensuring all required documentation is in place.
- Issuing picking and packing lists to warehouse team
- Raising invoices and sending to customer
- Organising export of cargo by air, sea and road.
- Preparing required documentation
- Checking and authorising freight invoices
- Communication with freight forwarders and customers
- Any other administrative duties as required
- Methodical approach to work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Willing to learn
- Knowledge of shipping
- Competent Microsoft office skills
- Salary up to £20k DOE
- Working hours - 0900 - 1700 (1 hr lunch)
- Free parking on site
- Team working environment
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Earn extra holiday through long term service
Interviews will be arranged immediately so please do not delay application if you are interested. Please upload your CV online or contact for more information.
Adecco is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job