Due to growth our client; a hugely successful local business are looking to recruit a bright, enthusiastic Shipping Administrator to join there very busy Sevenoaks based team.
Working in a small team, you will perform various administrative and clerical tasks including frequent liaison with internal departments.
Duties to include:
- Arranging shipment with suppliers as per buyers requests
- Liaising with shipping lines
- Receiving shipping declarations from suppliers
- Advising buyers of declarations of shipment
- Checking original or copy shipping documents and arranging payments
- Sending documents to clients
- Liaising with warehouses if goods are being delivered
- Monitoring weights and quality
- Raising Letters of credit if applicable
- Payments to Exporters
- Updating schedules (Excel spread sheets) & Database
- Fair Trade, Rain Forest Alliance & Organic Certification procedures
- Converting currencies
- Completing letters and faxes
- Producing sales invoices and miscellaneous invoices as required
- General office duties; Filing, answering incoming calls and email correspondence
- Training will be provided on the database used
- Hours: 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday
- Free parking onsite
The successful candidate must have:
- General Shipping import/export experience (Commodity experience preferred).
- The ability to work diligently to help maintain smooth office operations.
- Be reliable and hardworking with great communication skills.
- An eye for detail
- Accurate data entry skills
- Professional telephone manner
- Personality is key: You will be outgoing, driven, committed and keen to learn.
If you have the required skills and ability please forward your CV to Gemma Edwards for immediate consideration
- Soft commodities
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'