Crowcon Detection Instruments are recruiting a Shipping Administrator to join our Warehousing and Transportation Department.
The transportation cell of the Warehousing and Transportation Department are responsible for ensuing all goods are packaged correctly and meet the legal and regulatory requirements for their final destination.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to join a market-leading, multi-national, engineering company.
The day to day duties of the Shipping Administrator will be to:
- Adhere and promote all company policies, procedures and business ethic codes.
- Follow shipping procedures and compliances - country specific
- Ensure the transportation standards and/or legal compliance requirements are being followed for all shipments
- Prepare documentation for submission to the chamber of commerce - Certificate of Origin, EUR.1, ATR.1
- Prepare preferential duty statements and ensuring goods qualify as per the relevant customs notices
- Prepare shipping documents - invoice, packing lists, Airway Bill
- Advise relevant departments of shipments inc. tracking numbers ETA
- Clear held goods with customs in the UK and abroad - working with Border Force and relevant government departments to resolve issues and to enable an efficient process.
- Communicate with customers regarding shipping instructions and details
- Communicate with production regarding readiness of orders/deadlines
- Communicate instructions for shipment preparation to planning and the despatch cell
- Book collections with freight forwarders and couriers and communicating accordingly
- Advise other departments of shipping costs, weights and dimensions, as required
- Invoice EFACS deliveries
- Promote ensure the business requirements and customer deliverables, as well as ensuring the departmental performance against targets.
- Identify and participate in continuous improvement activities throughout the department
- Promote awareness of customer satisfaction throughout the department
- Carry out any other duties deemed appropriate by manager
While the above key responsibilities are the main elements you may at times be requested to carry out other tasks deemed to be within their capabilities.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- All candidates must have experience working within an administration role
- You will have a good level of literacy and numeracy
- Good General IT skills and proficient with Microsoft Office
- You will have experience of working within a logistics and distribution environment
- You must have a good attention to detail
- Previous experience within a shipping administration role
- Shipping Administrator
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'