Reporting to the senior shipping coordinator, the main tasks include preparation and processing of paperwork for domestic and international shipments; including dispatch notes, commercial invoices, customs and other shipping documents required to facilitate timely and accurate dispatch of customer and supplier shipments in line with company processes and in accordance with current legislation. Working with other departments to ensure timely dispatch of customer orders. Preparation and timely submission of all compliance returns.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Domestic and International Shipping
- Preparing shipping and customs documentation in compliance with legal obligations; applying for export licenses and checking that they are correct; ensuring that paperwork for shipments is complete and correct prior to dispatch; filing paperwork; and maintaining records in readiness for Government audits.
- Checking customs documentation such as import/export declarations, resolving queries and ensuring records are accurate and up to date.
- Filing of all shipping documentation.
- Receiving customer orders; comparing with quotations; working with other departments to resolve queries; and preparing and sending sales acknowledgments to customers whilst also adhering to company policies and legal requirements.
Administration and Accounts
- Processing customer sales invoices and credits using commercial software whilst also adhering to company policies.
- Arranging collection of orders and worldwide collection from end user for faulty returns.
- Maintaining electronic and paper-based records required to meet compliance obligations.
- Responding to queries from both internal and external customers daily.
- Ensuring that paperwork is produced to comply with the requirements for the import and export of goods.
- Assisting in the preparation and submission of compliance returns.
- Assisting with queries regarding orders, shipments and compliance from internal departments.
- Ensuring customers are fully informed with all relevant information regarding their orders and shipments.
- Other duties as agreed
- Ensure that confidential information is not disclosed inappropriately, seeking advice from your manager if you are unsure what may be disclosed and to whom.
- Ensure that confidential information is held in the correct part of the network, appropriately protected by file access permissions. o Ensure that passwords are secure and not shared.
- Lock your PC screen or log off when you are away from your desk.
- Dispose of confidential material by shredding it.
- Avoid leaving confidential information unattended on desks or printer, etc.
- Ensure that confidential information held in manual filing systems is locked away when not in use.
- Let your manager know if you believe that our arrangements for protecting confidentiality are not adequate.
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.