A challenging opportunity for a Shipping Coordinator has arisen within an established department. Offering a competitive salary and benefits package this opportunity will offer the successful candidate the potential for future development and growth.
The successful Shipping Coordinator will be in charge of coordinating the movement of all import, export and domestic movements of supplies, products and aircraft parts. Based at the Cambridge Head Office whilst also providing a direct support role to the Shipping Manager. The successful candidate may also need to support other business locations.
Responsibilities will include;
* Ensuring all documentation is completed in agreement with company procedures and legislative requirements, with all imported and exported goods correctly classified using the appropriate Customs regimes.
* To work with a high degree of accuracy, providing assistance to other departments using HM Revenue and Customs authorisations in order for Marshall Airport to remain fully compliant to all HMRC regulations regarding import and export.
* Have a good understanding of Incoterms, Customs regimes, dangerous goods and aviation security
* Have regular liaison with couriers, freight forwarders and internal departments such as Purchasing, Stores/Despatch, Commercial and Trade Controls.
* To remain current with any changes or amendments to import and export activities that may have an effect on the activities undertaken by Marshall Aerospace Defence Group. This knowledge is to be maintained through regular contact with the Shipping Manager.
* Provide direct support to the Shipping Manager wherever needed, being a positive influence on the Shipping and wider team, helping to roll out whatever changes or improvements may be implemented.
* Conduct occasional training in the Shipping Team or in other departments. This requires the ability to manage and complete small tasks and projects of one's own accord around day to day responsibilities, as agreed and reviewed by the Shipping Manager.
* To work day-to-day alongside colleagues in Purchasing and Stores/Despatch, supporting the ever changing business requirements where shipping deadlines have to be met, sometimes working within compressed time-scales.
* The successful candidate will take a flexible approach in order to help support the business needs.
Marshall ADG are the UK's largest independent aerospace and defence company, delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services.
Currently employing over 2000 people we are widely regarded as an 'employer of choice' and offer an exceptional all round employment opportunity and package to include a wide range of benefits.
This is a permanent role and Aeropeople are operating as an employment agency managing the recruitment services for Marshall ADG. We are a leading global technical services provider with specialist teams dealing with the recruitment of permanent and temporary staff. With our heritage firmly embedded in the Aerospace industry, we ensure the highest levels of expertise and commitment.
With our head office in Cambridge, support offices throughout the UK and offices in Germany, UAE and Italy, Aeropeople are best placed to service your career aspirations.