OUT THE COMPANY
GMS is the world’s LARGEST Buyer of ships for recycling. Having presence for over a quadrant in Maritime industry, GMS continues to expand its operations with offices in North America, China, Japan, Singapore, Greece, S. Korea, Germany and Dubai.
Building on our proven track record, we have plans to expand our global footprint into new markets. Accordingly, we are looking for experienced, hardworking and ambitious individuals to join our team.
Due to our rapid expansion, we have an opening in our Dubai office.
- Responsible to verify and process invoices for accounting of vessels.
- Prepare reports such as budget Vs. actual, profit & loss statements, Chartering income etc.
- Working with outside auditors and accountants to ensure compliance.
- Liaise with offices in various countries for month end and year end closing of accounts.
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable.
- Identify errors, create accounting policies and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending.
- Provide technical support and advice on Management accounts.
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures.
- Manage accounting assistants and bookkeepers.
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified CA/CPA with 4 years’ experience as an Accountant working with SHIP management/owning company OR similar experience in a global (commodities)trading house.
- Knowledge of L/C Discounting or Banking Finance is a PLUS.
- Working experience at an auditing firm is a PLUS.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year- end close process.
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, like ERP and Excel.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills.
- Excellent command over verbal and written English communication skills.
- Extremely organized with strong multi-tasking skills.
We provide attractive salary package based on qualifications/experience, excellent growth opportunity and an internationally challenging career with ability to make and influence high level, strategic decisions.
BENEFITS- TAX FREE SALARY, 30 CALENDAR DAYS VACATIONS, ANNUAL TICKET HOME PER YEAR, HEALTH INSURANCE.
- EXCELLENT NEGOTIATION SKILLS
- ERP & EXCEL
- FINANCIAL REPORTINGS